Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First RC drift Project
Im new to the Forum and kinda new to rc drifting. I cant really say i've never had an rc drift car but ive never had a Real Hobby Grade RC drift car. My first was many years ago when i was a little kid, i had an XMOD that i did the drift conversion too, i still have it but its not a real drift car. 

I deployed about 3 months ago and thought while i was out here i might as well get a hobby to keep me busy on slow days. I bought the 3Racing Sakura D4 Rwd chassis. did the minor Boom Racing upgrades for steering. Omg Servo with a yeah racing Gyro. the ESC and motor i got off amazon is a skyrc Cheetah 60A ecs and 10.5 turn Sensored brushless motor(great combo for $75). To control everything i bought a FlySky FS-GT3B 3 channel radio and receiver(also on amazon for like $40, great buy except it doesnt come with instructions).

I have a Pandora RC S13 Silvia body that i did a pretty shitty job painting cause i didnt have the right paint. I made a Custom Wing out of scrap metal that resembles the BCL universal Atmosphere demolisher wing(not perfectly but still awesome)

Over all its a great platform and i see alot of good things in the future for this build as more parts become available. 

I never had a 50/50 or CS drift car so jumping straight into RWD RC drifting is a learning experience but i know the Concept of real drifting well so i can transfer some of my knowledge over to this without much confusion. I am still learning and everyday i get alittle better.

Attached Files
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 611.08 KB / Downloads: 15)
Welcome to Drift Mission Sir! Love this place, a lot to learn, a ton to drool over and Wilke is always showing off the best gear/kits. I too picked up my first RWD kit and it was he D4. Currently working on it right now, setting it up for asphalt at the present until funds come available for more tires.....this part of the hobby seems like it is tires...then tires and maybe some different shock oil lol.

Post up some pics of the body too, that can always be fixed with some masking tape and an outside paint job. Matte looks great!
Yokomo DP - RWD | Instagram: Hobby_Monster
Here are a few Pictures of the car. body is pretty beat up now

Attached Files
.jpg   image1.JPG (Size: 88.88 KB / Downloads: 15)
.jpg   image2.JPG (Size: 85.65 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg   image3.JPG (Size: 99.32 KB / Downloads: 13)
Off to a good start! I think the body looks great. Has a lot of character and resembles the 1:1 beat up home garage builds.