Fly Sky GT3C versus Spektrum DX3S

30 Replies, 19405 Views

Hey guy's im new to R.C just got my TA06 and very happy!!!
And i've been looking at both these brands. spektrum versus fly sky. I know for sure the spektrum blows the fly sky out the water. Because it has telemetry!!! Ohk! Also quality is way better for spektrum. But, my main consern is that the only real diffrence between the two models is that spektrum has telemetry. Do I really need the telemetry option??? fly sky around 60$ rc mart... spektrum around 160$... I would love some input from you veterans out their with experience thanks george q. :=L:

http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.a...Id=SPM3140

http://www.rcmart.com/flysky-transmitter...Path=36_47
ive driven with both, and i honestly cant feel a difference in response. telemetry is almost useless for our purpose. i sold my flysky after i got my sanwa mt4, and now i bought another flysky for bashers, modded a few things on it and it physically feels great. for the price its definitely a great setup to go with.

if money isn't an issue though, spektrums are a tad better, but at that point why not go with sanwa for futaba?
[Image: KC_zpsd2cfde5e.jpg]
(01-02-2013, 06:32 AM)Modelgarage Wrote: ive driven with both, and i honestly cant feel a difference in response. telemetry is almost useless for our purpose. i sold my flysky after i got my sanwa mt4, and now i bought another flysky for bashers, modded a few things on it and it physically feels great. for the price its definitely a great setup to go with.

if money isn't an issue though, spektrums are a tad better, but at that point why not go with sanwa for futaba?
I think im going to buy the fly sky thanks for the info...I'm new to r.c. Will i have to buy any additional equipment to make the flysky run???Also you mentioned mods on the fly sky??? sanwa mt4 is this brand better than spektrum??? sorry noob...:lol:
im sorry, i just realized you said gt3c, not the gt3b, c has electrical issues, so you may not be happy with that. b is what i was talking about in my last post.

spektrum is good, but i still call it "middle class"
[Image: KC_zpsd2cfde5e.jpg]
(01-02-2013, 07:57 AM)Modelgarage Wrote: im sorry, i just realized you said gt3c, not the gt3b, c has electrical issues, so you may not be happy with that. b is what i was talking about in my last post.

Kool i can buy the ''b'' for 10 dollars less... 40$ rc mart what mods did you do to the gt3b???
(01-02-2013, 08:01 AM)jqueza Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 07:57 AM)Modelgarage Wrote: im sorry, i just realized you said gt3c, not the gt3b, c has electrical issues, so you may not be happy with that. b is what i was talking about in my last post.

Kool i can buy the ''b'' for 10 dollars less... 40$ rc mart what mods did you do to the gt3b???

Out of the three GT3C that I've reprogrammed two have had issue's with the menu scrolling switch, admittedly they were used for comp crawlers... still strange tho. The other problem was the power switch.. easy fix.

I have a mod GT3B with the following:

Lipo conversion
VR mod (uses less voltage)
reprogrammed 6ch firmware
Bearing mod
Led mod

hasn't let me down yet.... and for the money has been quite good BUT at the end of the day you get what you pay for.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM by skr8pn.)
The electrical problems your  referring  to are caused by the steering being turned constantly which beaks the power switch wires as the switch is in the wheel, I own a C and I have modded the switch by relocating it to the rear of the radio now I have no problems with it. I think for $40 you can't go wrong!  look on ebay you can get a C cheap
[Image: sam1734o.jpg]
I placed it there as I had put it on the back more except I dropped it twice and each time it landed right on the switch and smashed the switch into the inside of the radio so I moved it to a point that can't touch the ground from any direction, lol
As the C already has the bearing, lipo (3.7V) and VR done from factory, and is basically a Dressed up B so can still be modded for extra channels but you really only need 2 channels for drifting anyway. The battery lasts for ages too. the B and C have a huge range which you'll never be able to exceed because once you can't see your car you'll loose control and start spinning out anyway (It's the reason a lot of people don't like them cause they put out heaps of power and can glitch other 2.4ghz radio's so they call them frysky's, to me it's a term of endearment lol)
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2013, 02:23 PM by pickled.)
Hmmmm I might be sold on the fly sky too... I like saving money on electronics.. So I can spend money on other things.. Hehe...
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
I'd never go for a Spektrum radio. They are too expensive for what they are compared to the Futaba and Sanwa/Airtronics 'low budget' radio sets. The Flysky systems are alright, but I've ditched mine as it wasn't very reliable. I really wanted something that would never ever fail me, so I bought a used Futaba 3PKS with 2 FASST recievers for 150$ shipped. You might find one for less than that these days.

Your radio is the most important part of your car. You can have a $$$$ chassis with all the hopups and a very impressive tuning setup, but you're still controlling it with your radio. If your radio fails you run the risk of losing control over your car and smashing it into the wall... Or simply just not being able to run for the rest of the day which sucks a lot if you're in a competition event.
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM by Tizer.)
Ohk!!! Wow! I got alot of feed back from both ends as spekctrum seems to be overpriced system ans flysky has its glitches here and their...I like the sanwa mt4 but at the moment cant afford it...I really liked what Tizer said about: "Your radio is the most important part of your car. You can have a $$$$ chassis with all the hopups and a very impressive tuning setup, but you're still controlling it with your radio. If your radio fails you run the risk of losing control over your car and smashing it into the wall... Or simply just not being able to run for the rest of the day which sucks a lot if you're in a competition event." I'm honestly looking to spend around 60$ for a beginers system thats not going to let me down for drifting... something that will last me till summer time so I can upgrade to a sanwa mt4 later... Muchas gracias guys...