Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FXX D S IFS Motor Selection - Cement Floor
Hi Guys, Need some expert advice here please.

I am building a new MST FXX D S IFS and I need some help please in motor selection.

Shall I go with sensored 13.5 or 10.5T ? Already have 60A sensored brushless ESC 

I have the following options:
1- Hobbywing Quickrun 3650 SD G2 13.5 or 10.5 (http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=54....0.0.0.0.0)
2- Hobbywing Xerun V10 G2 13.5 or 10.5 v10 (http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=40....0.0.0.0.0)
3- Hobbywing Xerun Bandit G2 13.5 or 10.5 (http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=40....0.0.0.0.0)

And any help in any other motor brand will be much appreciated.

My drift level can be considered as Intermediate.
When it comes to rwd, the motor speed under 10.5t is overkill - When you think about it, i have a 10.5t but i always go down to 75-70% on the power because too much is not good, makes the car uneasy, unstable and spins often.

So a 13.5t can be described as a easy way to begin learning to control the power and after a certain time, upgrade to a 10.5t, but even i haven't gotten used to it, but i like having that extra power if i should need it.

So if you like having that extra headroom and are fine with turn down the power a bit, then a 10.5t but otherwise a 13.5t is more than enough.
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary
(07-21-2017, 05:27 AM)Woodsnail Wrote:  When it comes to rwd, the motor speed under 10.5t is overkill - When you think about it, i have a 10.5t but i always go down to 75-70% on the power because too much is not good, makes the car uneasy, unstable and spins often.

So a 13.5t can be described as a easy way to begin learning to control the power and after a certain time, upgrade to a 10.5t, but even i haven't gotten used to it, but i like having that extra power if i should need it.

So if you like having that extra headroom and are fine with turn down the power a bit, then a 10.5t but otherwise a 13.5t is more than enough.

Thanks a lot man. Any recommendations for the brand? Any previous experience with Hobbywing or speedassion. Found very cheap speedpassion on Rcmart for like 30 USD ? What do you think?

Your help is much appreciated
Well as long their are sensored, it should be good.

But i don't have that much experince in brands, i've ran with SP in formel 1 and tried it for drifting, seemed alright but they don't like timing or turbo that much.

Now i'm using Acuvance both in my ESC and Motor, a lot more expensive but that more smooth and can be adjusted.
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary
Hobbywing makes motors for yokomo. It is a good brand.I use speedpassion 10.5t v3 . So far no problems

I think I just blew my 10.5t from team powers. Too much load on the motor. After testing rubber drift tires.

I don't know how to explain this. Let me try, the better the drift motor you get the smoother it gets. You will find resistance in turning the back wheels while using a cheaper motor. Compared to the yokomo zero 2, the wheels have less resistance. Making it smoother on low throttle with . My sp causes the wheel to stop turning. It is somewhat jerky.

Then again if you are new to this, it really makes little difference and you will not notice this. If you are absolutely serious about drifting then go for better motors from the start.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
(07-24-2017, 01:25 AM)Woodsnail Wrote:  Well as long their are sensored, it should be good.

But i don't have that much experince in brands, i've ran with SP in formel 1 and tried it for drifting, seemed alright but they don't like timing or turbo that much.

Now i'm using Acuvance both in my ESC and Motor, a lot more expensive but that more smooth and can be adjusted.

Thanks a lot. Yeah. Acuvance makes great electronics (From My humbled quick research) , But a lot more expensive I agree.

This Motor from Hobbywing the Bandt G2 13.5 (3000 KV) is also sensored and it has adjustable mechanic timing as well. I just ordered that from RC Mart and it comes with free shipping. 

I hope this will be a good start for me in the RWD drifitng. Still trying you know, understanding the KPI's, figuring out the best build and measurements. This is extremely fun and it seems that I will start skipping lunch breaks and fitness classes just to go drifitng :)

Appreciated Man.
(07-25-2017, 01:29 AM)littlemonsta Wrote:  Hobbywing makes motors for yokomo. It is a good brand.I use speedpassion 10.5t v3 . So far no problems

I think I just blew my 10.5t from team powers. Too much load on the motor. After testing rubber drift tires.

I don't know how to explain this. Let me try, the better the drift motor you get the smoother it gets. You will find resistance in turning the back wheels while using a cheaper motor. Compared to the yokomo zero 2, the wheels have less resistance. Making it smoother on low throttle with . My sp causes the wheel to stop turning. It is somewhat jerky.

Then again if you are new to this, it really makes little difference and you will not notice this. If you are absolutely serious about drifting then go for better motors from the start.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

Good to know. 

I just bought this Hobbywing the Bandit G2 13.5 (3000 KV) sensored with adjustable mechanic timing. I hope it was a good choice.

Thanks a lot. really appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  motor selection foxx_005 2 168 07-12-2017, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Woodsnail