Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Beginner Questions
Hey guys, I ordered myself an MST MS-01D Chassis (Will be my first drifter.), I was just hoping for some suggestions as far as transmitters and batteries/chargers go, it seems there is a rather large selection when it comes to remotes, but most are a bit out of my price range, I'd like to spend $40 or less, I'm open to spending a little more, but I'd honestly rather keep $40 or lower. I have little knowledge of batteries/chargers, so I'm totally lost as to what I should be looking for, again I'm kinda "ballin' on a budget" so I'd like to keep it as reliable as possible for cheap-ish. I know itt'd probably be a good idea to invest a little more, but I'm just starting out and I'd like to improve my skills before I go blowing large amounts of money on things that aren't crucial or important for someone who's just starting out. Any help is appreciated, links would be amazing, thanks in advance!
Fly sky fsgt3b should be a good option. I had one for a few months and it "just works". Its not horrible but there is better (of course). I did notice a slight delay on it compared to my fly sky 3pl. Another down side is that it takes 8 AA batteries.

Its around $40. Or u can easy pay one off towerhobbies and pay monthly :). $37 or so of 2 month payment for a futaba 3prka. Read a few good reviews on it.
for batteries I suggest turnigy lipos since their cheap and good. You can get them from hobbyking and for chargers a single lipo battery charger will do just fine... I use a Radiant Primal charger that I bought from a lhs for $45. So far I have have 3 batteries, but only use 2 since when a battery dies another 1 is charged by then..
If you don't mind used you may be able to find a higher end radio for a damn good price.

Just saying, I had a Flysky and I hated that thing. Confusing to navigate and it used and ate up 8 AA batteries far too often. The Lipo mod would be well worth it.

If this is your first hobby grade RC, i suggest you don't skimp on your electronics. Do what you can to avoid the headaches that could lead to burnout. Good pick on the chassis, now you don't have to worry about spending another $200 or more on must-have parts.

I take it you got the MS-01D S rather than the RTR?
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

Frias: That was the remote I was looking at actually, but now that you mention Tower Hobbies, I'm gonna have to check them out. I'm sure a Google search could answer this, but where can I find the Turnigy Lipos? I have yet to see those on sites I have found. Edit: I checked out the Futaba and it looks pretty sweet, would you recommend that over the FlySky?

Cheify: Yeah, I picked up just the chassis cause I'm an S-Chassis fanatic and my buddy had a unpainted Pandora Onevia and I figured I had a little more than $300 in my budget anyway so I figured just get the chassis and a nice remote/battery setup. Any idea where I might find some decent used remotes? I'm open to buying used, I just don't really know where I could find any used stuff, I mean I check the For Sale section on here, but for the most part it isn't very lively.
(11-11-2013, 11:29 PM)Chiefy707 Wrote:  If you don't mind used you may be able to find a higher end radio for a damn good price.

this.....

Im searching for one with no hurry, there are plenty out there. Is is just a matter of being patient for the right time to pick one...great post.
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
Dont forget you gonna need extra rims and tires.
(11-12-2013, 08:36 PM)davidsmunoz Wrote:  Dont forget you gonna need extra rims and tires.

I can already tell I'm gonna be a huge wheel whore. I ordered a couple sets of MST wheels with the chassis and ordered tires from BlackStar, quite excited to get it, it's like Christmas in November.
(11-12-2013, 04:00 PM)asorbus Wrote:  Frias: That was the remote I was looking at actually, but now that you mention Tower Hobbies, I'm gonna have to check them out. I'm sure a Google search could answer this, but where can I find the Turnigy Lipos? I have yet to see those on sites I have found. Edit: I checked out the Futaba and it looks pretty sweet, would you recommend that over the FlySky?

Cheify: Yeah, I picked up just the chassis cause I'm an S-Chassis fanatic and my buddy had a unpainted Pandora Onevia and I figured I had a little more than $300 in my budget anyway so I figured just get the chassis and a nice remote/battery setup. Any idea where I might find some decent used remotes? I'm open to buying used, I just don't really know where I could find any used stuff, I mean I check the For Sale section on here, but for the most part it isn't very lively.
Hobbyking sells the lipos and yea definitely pick the futaba over flysky.
Hobbyking sells the lipos and yea definitely pick the futaba over flysky.
[/quote]

I must have overlooked them or something on hobbyking, any suggestions on what mAh to choose?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about wheel fitting and general compatibility Das_TrA 6 2,940 06-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Last Post: tamiya