Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genki's FR-D Ver. 2
nice set of electronics, can't wait and see you do your usual clean wiring job with this.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
Looking good sunny, Why so much track in the rear?
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale
The rear is a work in progress haha, good eye though!
With the VX arms, and the Yokomo L.F. Rear CVD's, I'm unable to run the VX arms in the narrower position without my CVD's running into the spool.
I'm trying to find an alternative for some rear CVD's, I'd like to run some that are 5-8mm narrower so I can reduce the rear track.
The other option would be widening the front track... but I'd rather reduce the rear.
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
have you tried different dog bones?
[Image: 405149244.jpg]
I'm in the process of trying out different universals on the L.F. Rear CVDs.
Went with some spring loaded D-Like units, but not sure how well they will hold up.
I feel like if they work out, MST rear universals would also fit, since the D-Like universals are made for Yokomo and MST 2mm pins.

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
Awesome thread!
This has been my bible as of late as I collect parts for my FR-D V2.0 :D Got lucky that i did order all the right OD bits before i saw this though >.<
So big thanks for posting something like this up for the rest of us to follow!
[Image: pgNNjza.jpg]
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
(04-22-2014, 10:16 AM)Ebbicake Wrote:  Awesome thread!
This has been my bible as of late as I collect parts for my FR-D V2.0 :D Got lucky that i did order all the right OD bits before i saw this though >.<
So big thanks for posting something like this up for the rest of us to follow!

Glad to be of help man! The search for parts can be frustrating at times lol. Post up your build once you're done :D

Anyways... got to work on the electronics some time ago, but didn't really take any pics of the process.

I layed out all the electronics, and tried to get the wires as neat as possible. I'll be adding some black mesh sleeving to the ESC wires, and blacking out my RX/TX wires down the road when I have some more time. For now I'm trying to finish the car and get it up and running ^^;;

I tried to keep everything neat and tucked away for the most part, and am still working on it, but I'm happy with the way things are looking. Once I had everything set to length and mocked up, I had Afro solder my car since I've never really dealt with installing bullet plugs on a motor before. It turned out to be pretty straight forward, so big thanks to Afro for the help/schooling a wiring newb ^^~

Anyways, all the electronics are still just mocked in place, nothing is permanently set yet... but this is how it should look for the most part. (batteries missing a wire still...)
[Image: 002_zpsb685e151.jpg]

The motor wires run nicely along the side :D
[Image: 001_zpsa6929693.jpg]

Annnnnnd I'm almost there!!!!! > _<;;

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
shes lookin beautiful, have you thought of using all black wires?
[Image: 405149244.jpg]
(04-24-2014, 05:28 AM)AzN 2NR Wrote:  shes lookin beautiful, have you thought of using all black wires?

Thanks man! I did, but I'll be blacking out the wires using some black mesh sleeving.
The Heat sinks on these absorb heat so well, I don't have the confidence to re-wire it without overheating and damaging the ESC. =/
I really wish they released their all black wire versions when I was buying my ESC hahaha~

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
Clean setup! I'm surprised you call yourself a wiring noob seeing how clean your past projects are hehe. I wish they have more color option for the black wired keyence system though.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Genki's Overdose Type-C GenkiRF 208 110,474 01-16-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: sal45