Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genki's Overdose Type-C
The gears are plastic I think... I'd have to double check haha I forget now~ 95% sure though
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(05-10-2013, 09:43 PM)GenkiRF Wrote:  The gears are plastic I think... I'd have to double check haha I forget now~ 95% sure though

ahh okay, thanks!
[Image: KC_zpsd2cfde5e.jpg]
http://ameblo.jp/weld-jp/entry-11531166579.html

:)
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
I was torn on pre-ordering any of these to be honest. I already have a great set of front knuckles so I wasn't going to order the OD units anyways. One of the main reasons I decided to splurge on the front knuckles was due to the fact I bought the chassis for Dirt Cheap, and had a good amount leftover to spend on some parts.

Compared to the RC926 counter parts for the Shock Towers, Chassis Braces ect. the price disparity between RC926 and OD is minimal. I actually think the OD shock towers sell slightly cheaper than the RC926 units.

Also the OD Shock Towers, Front Type-C Holder, and Rear Braces(although I hacked these for my link suspension -_-) all have a greater amount of adjustability options available to the user over the stock, and RC926 units.

Now I basically have a full OD chassis, so the main reasoning to buy the new OD parts was just "keeping it all OD". I ended up deciding to go with the OD Steering unit for adjustable ackerman, but I decided against the rear hubs. The rear hubs are essentially the same design as the RC926 units, but cost roughly $20 more. There's really no denying I wanted them, but I didn't expect the price difference to be that significant. I went with RC926 rear hubs.

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
******UPDATE******

So after A LOT of confusion on my part with my parts list request, and Ando-san at Tetsujin probably hating me for confusing my order so many times in a span of 5 minutes(I messed up the parts #'s multiple times -_-), it seems as though RC926 rear hubs are out of stock+discontinued. I decided to just suck it up and go with the Overdose Rear Hubs after all. Moral of the story... make sure ur fully awake before you start reading a list of part #'s and replying to messages... ugh. I feel so dumb right now hahaha.

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
Lol, it happens man, heehee, as long as u get it all worked out is what counts heehee
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
(05-20-2013, 10:50 AM)RCPHREEK Wrote:  Lol, it happens man, heehee, as long as u get it all worked out is what counts heehee

Lol, yea that's true. But man I was frustrated as shit as I tried sorting through all the parts #'s haha.

The car's on hold until I get the rest of the parts now though. Time to play the wait game agaain!~

In the meantime... I'll eventually get around to building this guy as well ;)=)=)=)

[Image: 001_zpsa52d5e9e.jpg]

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(05-24-2013, 09:34 PM)GenkiRF Wrote:  
(05-20-2013, 10:50 AM)RCPHREEK Wrote:  Lol, it happens man, heehee, as long as u get it all worked out is what counts heehee

Lol, yea that's true. But man I was frustrated as shit as I tried sorting through all the parts #'s haha.

The car's on hold until I get the rest of the parts now though. Time to play the wait game agaain!~

In the meantime... I'll eventually get around to building this guy as well ;)=)=)=)

awesome, looks like well be building ours at the same time :)
[Image: KC_zpsd2cfde5e.jpg]
wa haha!   Rear wheel drive!

FR-D  

The FR-D Blog has a list of Yokomo parts you need to complete.
They recommend to use the DPM wipers.

One thing I found researching the FR-D was those little reduction gear sets look a bit "consumable"
Are you going for Y arms in the front?
Metal Imadoki sus arm mounts?
rear overdose gear case??? etc etc

I still haven't ordered my rear axle for my RWD...
but moved to finish a body instead.
(05-25-2013, 10:16 AM)antinnous Wrote:  
(05-24-2013, 09:34 PM)GenkiRF Wrote:  

awesome, looks like well be building ours at the same time :)

I'm sure you will be getting around to yours sooner than I will, I need to finish the Type-C first lol. Everything needed has finally been pre-ordered/purchased, just waiting now.

What colour FR-D did you go with? I'm going to go with a black+de-ano polished theme with the FR-D. Can't wait to see your build!

(05-25-2013, 05:53 PM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote:  wa haha!   Rear wheel drive!

FR-D  

The FR-D Blog has a list of Yokomo parts you need to complete.
They recommend to use the DPM wipers.

One thing I found researching the FR-D was those little reduction gear sets look a bit "consumable"
Are you going for Y arms in the front?
Metal Imadoki sus arm mounts?
rear overdose gear case??? etc etc

I still haven't ordered my rear axle for my RWD...
but moved to finish a body instead.

Yea, with more and more people getting into RWD, I figured now's a good time to start. I had been eying the FR-D's ever since they first released.

I wonder if the Team Suzuki wipers will work. Since I ordered a set of Overdose steering wipers for my current Type-C, I'm hoping the Team Suzuki wipers will work with the FR-D...

Front will definitely be Y-Arms, and most likely paired with some Kazama DRB knuckles. I'll probably buy the metal sus arm mounts as well. The OD gear case will have to wait for a bit though. Need to replenish the funds haha D:

Your body turned out great BTW. I really liked the second rendition of the decals, they blended with the body perfectly.

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Genki's FR-D Ver. 2 GenkiRF 84 38,579 10-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Woodsnail