Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genki's Overdose Type-C
Yes, I agree. It need upgrades.

The Type C Plus with the good shocks + FCD and Steering arms.
or DPM + FCD are probably the better of the entry points.

the others will probably cost you more in the long run.
impressive dp, looking forward to seeing your fr-d
(06-08-2013, 08:36 PM)Piper Wrote:  impressive dp, looking forward to seeing your fr-d

Thanks, slowly building up parts for the FR-D lol... might be a little ways off until I get around to it though T_T
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
The weather has been great around here, so I haven't really touched the Type-C for a while. I have been running the DIB a lot and just messing around with the setup... I have the DIB running great on asphalt now. Very happy with the DIB as of late!!

The last few Overdose bits for my Type-C arrived about a week ago though, and I finally got around to installing them...

I started off by installing the Overdose Rear Uprights.
[Image: 012_zps3f16c8e7.jpg]

Going from a Type-C to Rear Upright setup, you have to remember that you will need new rear CVD's. The Type-C CVD's will not fit on a regular rear upright setup. I'll be ordering a set of #D-033 Rear Universals for it soon(Is there a better alternative than these? If so, please let me know!) The picture shows that the spindle for the Type-C CVD's does not come all the way through the Type-A/B rear uprights... The Type-C CVD is 2mm smaller.
[Image: 018_zps28b75f7f.jpg]

I have to play around with the Link Kit once I install dampers and have this thing is on the ground... seems like there's only a little bit left to do, but at the same time, there's still a long ways to go T_T;; Anyways... rear upright install was a breeze.
[Image: 017_zps9ed47064.jpg]

I will say this though, these rear uprights are overpriced. You are paying for the name on the product when it comes to these. There are many rear uprights on the market that will offer the same level of adjustability for less money. So some might wonder why I went with these then? Well the rest of my car is basically all Overdose, so I figured why not. Simple as that... therefore, these are basically a bling item.

Next I went to work on the Overdose Steering Wiper kit. This kit offers adjustable ackerman without you having to make a custom tie-rod setup using your stock wipers.
[Image: 004_zps343c1324.jpg]

I assembled it with some Model Garage SS Hex hardware, ditching the stock black hex screws. Looks amazing.
[Image: 007_zps3fc87174.jpg]

I thought this part was really overpriced as well when I was buying it, but it offered built in adjustable ackerman, so I figured I'd go with this setup rather than building my own adjustable ackerman setup. Upon installing it though, I think this part is worth the money.
[Image: 008_zps35473075.jpg]

Given the wipers utilize bearings in every rotating part, this steering setup is the most free moving steering setup I have built to date.
[Image: 005_zps69b9462f.jpg]

Adjustment options are less than the Team Suzuki wipers, but overall I feel this product is a lot better. The Team Suzuki wipers definitely didn't move as freely as the Overdose Steering Wipers do.
[Image: 022_zpsbfc4626e.jpg]

The Ackerman is easily adjustable via 2 screws. No need to remove the steering assembly to adjust ackerman. Sorry for the bad picture.
[Image: 020_zpscd617963.jpg]

I initially stated that I wouldn't upgrade to these... but I ended up buying them anyways. Overdose Drive Cups. They are secured in place by a screw in pin, which makes maintenance a breeze... If you are looking to upgrade your Drive Cups from stock, I'd suggest looking into these, or the Kazama drive cups. I'll try to take a picture of them installed in my next update...
[Image: 009_zps58ba8d06.jpg]

I've had my Overdose Aluminum Battery Brace for quite a while now as well, just never got around to unpackaging it. I decided to install it and see how it looks. This is a 100% bling item though, it's definitely not something you need to upgrade. It's quite light still, so I think I will still have to run counter balance weights on the chassis to even out weight distribution between left and right.
[Image: 011_zpsbab4e3ec.jpg]

It does offer you the option to run shorty lipo packs by simply screwing in this little stopper to prevent the shorty pack from moving around too much... as you can see this battery brace is also reversible.
[Image: 023_zpsb8799df3.jpg]

Again I used some Model Garage Stainless Steel to finish it off.
[Image: 024_zps3e2a22eb.jpg]

I think I will get a blue battery post down the road to replace the plastic one as well.
[Image: 025_zps71bbe9c8.jpg]

So with the last of my Overdose bits arriving, where does that leave me as far as finishing the chassis?
[Image: 026_zpsac61e943.jpg]

I have a fair bit left that I want to do... here's what's left to purchase:
Wrap-Up Y-Arms
Rear Universal Shaft
High Angle front CVD's
Dampers
Some random hardware
RC926 2.6mm Carbon Conversion (not necessary to get the car up and running, but will eventually find it's way onto my car)

Unfortunately my actual car decided it's rear brakes wanted to cease as well as a wire shorting out in the transmission around the same time as my school tuition was due... why do big expenses always hit at the same time? hahaha T_T;; ... So while I would love to finish this thing up ASAP, my RC projects are gonna have to be put on hold for a little bit.

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
So good!

Im struggling with myself to not buy the OD crank for my FR-D...
[Image: KC_zpsd2cfde5e.jpg]
I'd say the RC926 one is just as good for the FR-D, since the FR-D utilizes it's own center link? I'm hoping to run some black RC926 ones on my FR-D... but I feel your pain if you just want to Overdose your car lol. I am always looking at my car thinking "man... some Overdose front knuckles would really finish this off nicely..." (@.@);; hahaha

I should start calling your screw kits Tsuiso Hobby Screw Kits instead of Model Garage Screw Kits haha... so used to the name Model Garage, had a nice sound to it.

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(07-17-2013, 04:22 PM)GenkiRF Wrote:  I'd say the RC926 one is just as good for the FR-D, since the FR-D utilizes it's own center link? I'm hoping to run some black RC926 ones on my FR-D... but I feel your pain if you just want to Overdose your car lol. I am always looking at my car thinking "man... some Overdose front knuckles would really finish this off nicely..." (@.@);; hahaha

I should start calling your screw kits Tsuiso Hobby Screw Kits instead of Model Garage Screw Kits haha... so used to the name Model Garage, had a nice sound to it.

That's exactly what I mean. Full OD is nice, haha.
Oh well, my steering is setup really nicely now, so I wont change it unless I get it for free. Which I doubt, lol.

Yeah, we miss the old MG name too, but nothing we can do.
[Image: KC_zpsd2cfde5e.jpg]
Yea, I'm probably going to tone it down a bit on my FR-D build... but who knows, when I get around to building it, maybe I won't be able to resist the urge of overdosing. As it stands, plans are for RC926 steering in black though.

Also... looks like Overdose are coming out with their own Y-Arms for the doripake/Type-C setup T_T... I will hold out for them instead of the wrap up arms. Who knows, maybe they will release their own carbon chassis too... IT DOESN'T STOP T_T lol~~~

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
So this car is now on it's way to being finished. I placed an order for a few remaining parts I wanted, and was told they are back ordered and will arrive mid September. By then I should have electronics on hand to install as well... I made a plan to slowly build this car over the course of the summer, and although it going to take a bit longer than expected, I'm really happy with the build.

Today I got to work on building the dampers. I went with Yokomo BD-5 dampers, as found on the DRB, as well as the DIB (Part #BD-1SSS-7).
[Image: 009_zps56c1c9bf.jpg]

I dressed them up with some Overdose adjustment rings, as well as Overdose shock caps.
[Image: 013_zps40903ea6.jpg]

[Image: 014_zpse9d68412.jpg]

I also used some Kazama Auto D-Link adjustable shock cap ends, which allow you to adjust ride height without messing with your preload.
[Image: 010_zps4235177d.jpg]

I replaced the shock shafts with some titanium shock shafts from Yokomo as well.
[Image: 012_zps30e35a04.jpg]

Lastly, I decided to try these slow rebound pistons from Active Hobby... didn't really notice a slow rebound after building them...
[Image: 011_zpsbe24b883.jpg]

Add it all up and it's roughly $140 T_T
[Image: 015_zpsf3d63e6a.jpg]

I didn't take too many pics of the build process, but I picked up some Team Associated Factory Team Green Slime for the dampers O-Rings
[Image: 016_zpsec04586b.jpg]

With this build I also decided to try some Overdose shock oil. I am going to start by trying some #30 in the front, and #10 in the rear.
[Image: 018_zps435274a4.jpg]

When building dampers I use this Ride Air Remover.
[Image: 017_zps19f990bd.jpg]

You assemble as so and basically just pump all the air out of the dampers... this really speeds up the air bubble removal process when building dampers.
[Image: 019_zps568d2cb5.jpg]

[Image: 020_zps8bdc02bf.jpg]

After a few pumps all the air bubbles are already at the surface... I repeated this a second time and had all the bubbles removed within a couple minutes.
[Image: 021_zps82819ef1.jpg]

Put it all together and you have a beautiful set of Dampers. Springs are just some RC-Art springs I had laying around... I will be using some RC926 30mm springs on this car when I get around to tuning it. I wish I polished the shock bodies now... I'll have to do it when I rebuild the dampers...
[Image: 022_zps59209da7.jpg]

And that's all I got done today. I'm not waiting on too many more parts now, so this build should be done soon :D Can't wait.
[Image: 023_zps58960751.jpg]

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
Looking extremely nice.

I'll have to get mine looking better... haha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Genki's FR-D Ver. 2 GenkiRF 84 52,135 10-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Woodsnail