Genki's Overdose Type-C

208 Replies, 156326 Views

damn!!!! sick build!!
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Thanks guys!! A TINY update on the car.....

Copy and paste from my blog:

My Aluminum Shock Ball Caps finally arrived today, which means...
[Image: 001_zps15c37e5f.jpg]

After I install them, I can get the car sitting on a set of wheels for the first time since... well since I started this project. I installed everything in the little free time I had. I didn't take too many pics, as I really didn't have a lot of time to myself today.
[Image: 002_zps60296026.jpg]

What a difference installing the dampers and wheels makes. It's really coming together now, and man does it look amazing... There's still a bit missing, like the steering linkage, and the geometry is all off because I haven't spaced anything out yet.
[Image: 003_zps645ccaa7.jpg]

This is how it will sit until a few pieces I ordered come in. Unfortunately ETA is mid-late September =/ The parts were sold out, so I had to wait for the next production cycle... no worries, in the meantime I'll be working on a little something with the DIB Big Grin
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
looks so weird to see soo much aluminum with a tub chassis. damn hot though
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
I See, Battery holder mount in blue.
Yokomo Servo Mounts in Blue
Servo Saver Overdose
Spur holder Overdose... just because.
Antenna Holder Overdose
Front Upper and Lower Sus arms Overdose

Active Hobby Blue Servo holder and Receiver cover.
Blue motor and ESC.

keep going... don't stop.

make it insane!

then maybe a blue RC926 conversion chassis
Only issue is the inner sus mounts if you go down that path.
(08-21-2013, 11:57 AM)robb41488 Wrote: looks so weird to see soo much aluminum with a tub chassis. damn hot though

The tub chassis may or may not stay Tongue I kinda like how it looks with the Tub though haha ><

(08-21-2013, 01:47 PM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote: I See, Battery holder mount in blue.
Yokomo Servo Mounts in Blue
Servo Saver Overdose
Spur holder Overdose... just because.
Antenna Holder Overdose
Front Upper and Lower Sus arms Overdose

Active Hobby Blue Servo holder and Receiver cover.
Blue motor and ESC.

keep going... don't stop.

make it insane!

then maybe a blue RC926 conversion chassis
Only issue is the inner sus mounts if you go down that path.

Most of what you said will be finding it's way to my chassis Tongue I have been trying to resist the urge to Overdose the front suspension components, the upper arms alone are going to be roughly $50!!!! @_@;;

Either way, by the end of September I *should* have some completed chassis pics... Maybe electronics will be installed as well... maybe.

I've been toying with the idea of using this car as a RWD down the road as well... we'll see~

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
I'm pushing you a bit to complete this because... I had to stop myself from Overdosing my Rear Wheel Drive. Maybe one day.

I'm going to do other things like new M12 and Accuvance with the money.

When you finish... please count all the overdose logos. I'm keen to know that!!!!!!

BTW did you see the Silver Overdose FR-D on Yahoo!??
Oh nice! I feel you on the M12, I have been wanting one for a long time lol.

As far as Overdose... my chassis is at the point where I tell myself "why not, it's already come this far" haha, a deadly mentality T_T;;

I kept all the tags, so I can let you know once I'm done..... It's gonna be pricey ~

I saw the FR-D, and it's going for CHEAP!! Roughly $400 starting price... it will more than likely sell for much cheaper than what he has put in. Has it tempted you to jump on it? :p

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
of course, but... I really want the M12 and new electrics
so I can run with a "Guest" and have my 4 chassis completed.

I might get the RC926 chassis though If I have enough left over..
So it's been quite a while since I updated my build since I was waiting for some parts to come in.
Annnd they finally came in today!!!! I spent a majority of the afternoon working on the car.
I'm pretty sick right now though, so I don't really feel like doing a writeup... Time to relax and watch some hockey, with a cup of... apple juice hahaha (-_-;;
Here's a picture of what I was up to today though... can you pick out all the changes that took place?

[Image: 060_zps8ef7ea37.jpg]

I love how this thing is coming together ^_^v I'll call the chassis 97% complete~~
I'm going to have to start saving for electronics real soon now.
Anyways... I'll do a full writeup when I feel less sick.

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
Damn that looks good!!