(Gyro) Wheel Chatter with High Speed Servo

18 Replies, 15060 Views

Hi,

I own FXX-D VIP with MST Gyro and Savox SC1251MG. It works great (have small wheel chatter but very minor) with about 70% gain. But after I switched to a new faster servo, OmG LP-BF70S, I found wheel chatter problem (servo shake). I try to reduce the gain but problem still exist. Some of my friend told me that, it was the problem of working frequency is miss match between gyro and servo. Savox SC1251MG works at Frequency: 200-250hz, Pulse Width Frequency: 1520usec. OmG LP-BF70S works at Frequency: 330hz, Pulse Width Frequency : 1500usec

So I switch to Savox SC1252MG with works at 200-250hz, the same as SC1251MG. Problem still exists.

I also try to buy a new gyro, SkyRC GC301 (I think it the same as G-Force GC301) and problem seem to bold up. More servo shake, more wheel chatter. I reduced the gain to 50% from my remote, the problem still exist. I reduced the gain to 30%, problem is less but seem not work for riding RWD.

So now I switch back to MST Gyro and Savox SC1251MG and works great like before.

Anyone have experience this and how you solve the problem.

PS. Sorry for my bad English. I am Thai.
Yes.. I have the same setup as you and I experienced this same issue. Make sure your setup adjustment is green/red and not just solid green or solid red. After everything I do, I end up seeing that my gain is 55% max for max Gyro lock no wheel wobble. This is my current setup. Part of that reason is the FXX can adjust the gyro position, and I think it needs to be moved more forward to raise gain up higher. Too far back with high gain, is too much for Gyro to keep up. So for now, 55% gain, position all the way back works best for me.

I also have a Eagle R31-RWD and the same Gyro does the same. I upgraded that one to Futuba GY401 gyro and operation is alot smoother. The GY401 is beast compared to traditional MST/Eagle Gyro. Comparison is like a cheap servo compared to a OMG/Savox servo. I will upgrade to KDS820 on my FXX and hope for same smooth operation.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FXX-D VIP|MST FXX-D S|MST XXX-D S HT
Thanks aznpulse. I am confusing because when I change to more high speed servo, such as Savox SC1252MG, the problem was bold up. As it should work like SC1251MG. (With MST's gyro)
Next time I will try to install GC301 forward to the front and will report the result.
For me I just had to change a setting on my transmitter (MT4). My servo would chatter after about 20-30 minutes of run time, making it heat up. Changed setting on my TX to something for high-speed digital servos (forgot what the exact option was called), and it's been running fine since then.
Im bringing this back up because it relates some what to my issue.

So I decided to upgrade my servo on my R31-Rwd from a cheapy Solar to a Savox sc1251mg. When I connect the Savox servo to the gyro it doesn't work. If I connect straight to the transmitter it works fine.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?
Savox draws a lot of current, is it getting enough juice?
[Image: MRCsig.gif]
I'm not sure. I did attach a RacersEdge Glitch Buster cap and it doesnt help at all.

I am running a 2s 40c 5000mah Gen Ace Lipo through a Ezrun brushless combo.
(05-05-2014, 04:51 PM)Legend Wrote: I'm not sure. I did attach a RacersEdge Glitch Buster cap and it doesnt help at all.

I am running a 2s 40c 5000mah Gen Ace Lipo through a Ezrun brushless combo.

Savox does draw alot of power, glitch buster isn't good. I would suggest using a BEC.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FXX-D VIP|MST FXX-D S|MST XXX-D S HT
(05-07-2014, 07:13 PM)aznpulse Wrote: Savox does draw alot of power, glitch buster isn't good. I would suggest using a BEC.

Running a BEC with my Savox personally. Everything has been seamless since then.
Thanks guys I'll give it a try. Any recommendations on a BEC?