Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
hard body painting help
i have a toy grade gtr r34 body god only knows what went threw my head when i got it because it was a mess of color and i was about 15 but the plastic is black but i want to paint white with a blueish tint first idk how to achieve the color im looking for and second idk how to finish\protect my paint since it will have to be painted similar to a real car
Look at using tamiya ts paints if it's a hardbody.

Sent from the official DriftMission app on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ission.com
[Image: advertisesmall.png]
Indeed, TS paint is the model paint and it's made for hard plastic bodies.
Also you can use most touch up paint from your auto-store as long as you prime the body with some bulldog plastic bumper primer.
This will make sure the paint adhere to the plastic no matter what.
Testor also has a series of paint called "one coat" lacquer which works really weel on hard plastic. It's one of my favorite to paint wheels.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
thanks i will look in to them hopefully i find what im looking for
T's TS rattlecans are fantastic but pricey. They sell matching primer too, in different colours & fineness too depending on your intended final colour.

For cheaper alternative some modellers like hardware store cans like Rustoleum Plastikote.

When u paint on the outside the paintwork will get scuffed. You can clearcoat it all you want but nothing will protect paintwork like lexan painted from behind.
[Image: MRCsig.gif]
(03-29-2016, 11:57 AM)tamiya Wrote:  T's TS rattlecans are fantastic but pricey. They sell matching primer too, in different colours & fineness too depending on your intended final colour.

For cheaper alternative some modellers like hardware store cans like Rustoleum Plastikote.

When u paint on the outside the paintwork will get scuffed. You can clearcoat it all you want but nothing will protect paintwork like lexan painted from behind.

would i be able to get a sheet of lexan and glue it to the body after it has been painted  like on the lower parts where its more likely to happen
(03-29-2016, 04:04 PM)chief-andy22 Wrote:  would i be able to get a sheet of lexan and glue it to the body after it has been painted  like on the lower parts where its more likely to happen

How HEAVY & fugly r u planning on making your shell?  Devil

heck if $$ isn't an issue, go get hardshell copied into a mold buck and vacform a lexan shell off that  Angel
[Image: MRCsig.gif]
(03-29-2016, 07:44 PM)tamiya Wrote:  
(03-29-2016, 04:04 PM)chief-andy22 Wrote:  would i be able to get a sheet of lexan and glue it to the body after it has been painted  like on the lower parts where its more likely to happen

How HEAVY & fugly r u planning on making your shell?  Devil

heck if $$ isn't an issue, go get hardshell copied into a mold buck and vacform a lexan shell off that  Angel

not much heavyer then what it is now i was just thinking takeing a vary thin sheet and forming it but how much $ are we talking to make the mold and vacform for it
You could just wrap it with a couple layers of clear packing tape. Then peel and replace it if it starts getting chewed up. Or try auromotive chip guard. If it's regular plastic, instead of lexan, you can use just about any paint on it, provided you give it some sort of plastic primer.

Heck, a local body shop might do it pretty cheap if you bring it to them already masked and prepped. Depending on how sturdy the plastic is, clear coat can do the trick with a flex additive.
thanks the body is pretty stiff but i can do the work my self and ware i live the only hobby shop thats close for what ever reason either dont like drifters or just dont like new people idk so diy it is

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Painting body accessories wilkewhaq 1 1,116 05-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Last Post: tamiya