Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Drift Mission
Hello Guys,
I'm Paul. Live in socal (Anaheim), just looking around this forum for some ideas for my very first purchase. I'm Leaning towards a HPI Sprint 2 and I know people are going to say get a kit to build it your self ... But let me start off by saying I have never owned a rc touring/Drift car and I have 0 skills in actually controlling one let alone building one from the ground up. This is why I'm going with the sprint 2 It will take a nice beating from this noob LOL. I'm following RCNETWORK on youtube and he has very good informational stuff for the sprint 2 chassis. Well enough about what I'm possibly going to buy, I'm here to meet the GURU'S of rc drift scene hopefully the wisdom and knowledge will rub off on me so i can become a top contender and more importantly have fun with new friends I meet on my DRIFT MISSION journey.

Thanks for reading ! ;)
Paul-R
Welcome Paul-R.

I'm not sure if HPI Sprint 2 is really a car that I'd recommend you to buy. If you don't want a kit to build (which is easy and even a person who hasn't got any rc car should be able to do it) it's OK, but there are some newer & better cars than Sprint 2, which is discontinued by manufacturer, so any option parts you might want to buy will be probably made by 3rd party. Finally, you'll still have to do some work to make it drift well (lock rear diff, put one-way and CVDs on the front, maybe change gears to have some CS, increase steering angle).

Better to pay a bit more and have it already done with a car that has been made for drift. So look f.ex. for MST FS-01D RTR. Good chassis, better set-up possibilities, option parts easily available, already with locked rear, on-way, CVDs, CS & better steering angle, drives really nice.

Cheers!
Mitchell
My MST FXX-D VIP and GTR R34 body.
My RC drift Facebook page.
Hey Paul,

I am a SoCal person myself. I'm new to drifting as well. If you would like to get yourself a kit without the wait of snail mail I would suggest going over to Super G Drift. Its in Baldwin Park.
They carry solely RC Drift stuff there and their prices are decent. From off the top of my head they have in stock Yokomo DIBs, Sakura D3s, HPI stuff. Everyone (both the workers as well as the usuals) are nice over there.
Tuesdays and Sundays are usually the best days to go since thats when they are packed. From what I heard they just finished their indoor track, now making it 2 official tracks.

I go usually on the weekends. Maybe I'll see you there one day.
(12-28-2014, 03:58 AM)Mitchell Wrote:  Welcome Paul-R.

I'm not sure if HPI Sprint 2 is really a car that I'd recommend you to buy. If you don't want a kit to build (which is easy and even a person who hasn't got any rc car should be able to do it) it's OK, but there are some newer & better cars than Sprint 2, which is discontinued by manufacturer, so any option parts you might want to buy will be probably made by 3rd party. Finally, you'll still have to do some work to make it drift well (lock rear diff, put one-way and CVDs on the front, maybe change gears to have some CS, increase steering angle).

Better to pay a bit more and have it already done with a car that has been made for drift. So look f.ex. for MST FS-01D RTR. Good chassis, better set-up possibilities, option parts easily available, already with locked rear, on-way, CVDs, CS & better steering angle, drives really nice.

Cheers!
Mitchell

Thanks for the welcome . Yes fully understand but the hobby is for fun not to be competitive I would like to feel it out to see if I like the drift rc scene . Spending $400+ is not what I usually do when I first state off... thanks for the advise though .
(12-28-2014, 05:20 AM)ReyAnne Wrote:  Hey Paul,

I am a SoCal person myself. I'm new to drifting as well. If you would like to get yourself a kit without the wait of snail mail I would suggest going over to Super G Drift. Its in Baldwin Park.
They carry solely RC Drift stuff there and their prices are decent. From off the top of my head they have in stock Yokomo DIBs, Sakura D3s, HPI stuff. Everyone (both the workers as well as the usuals) are nice over there.
Tuesdays and Sundays are usually the best days to go since thats when they are packed. From what I heard they just finished their indoor track, now making it 2 official tracks.

Nice yes I will for sure check them out ! . Do they have a web site ? and I'm off to hobby people today to see what options they have. And yes i hope to meet allot of people I can have fun with. Drop your # in a inbox .

thanks !
welcome to dm man have fun!!!!!
rc isn't a hobby...its an addiction and im a addict lol..... Sick
(12-28-2014, 03:13 PM)Paul-R Wrote:  
(12-28-2014, 05:20 AM)ReyAnne Wrote:  Hey Paul,

Nice yes I will for sure check them out ! . Do they have a web site ? and I'm off to hobby people today to see what options they have. And yes i hope to meet allot of people I can have fun with. Drop your # in a inbox .

thanks !

Heres there website:

http://supergdrift.com/

If you can, see if you can stop by today! There will be a lot of people.  

Edit:
Your settings on your PM inbox are on private, can't send you anything until this setting is changed.
Could not make it today i stopped by hobby people to see what they have but had a family dinner to attend with the wife . but i will for sure head out there next Sunday.I fixed the private message settings thanks for the heads up.
Thats awesome.. It's held at Project G?! I went to the first open house there back in my turbo'd miata days. Those guys make some great products.. I always wanted the g-string top.. Anyhow, maybe I'll make it out one day.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
(12-28-2014, 10:49 PM)west.slide.connection Wrote:  Thats awesome.. It's held at Project G?! I went to the first open house there back in my turbo'd miata days. Those guys make some great products.. I always wanted the g-string top.. Anyhow, maybe I'll make it out one day.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Yup held at Project G. Two stores under one roof. Haha yeah their miata work is top notch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hello Drift Mission Supernova 4 1,019 11-02-2016, 03:10 AM
Last Post: SameraAzam