Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Louisiana
Hello all! I am from Louisiana and am looking forward to joining the drift circuit soon! I am currently in the market to build my first drift rc, so, at the moment, I don't have any experience with drift other than what research has provided. Not quite sure what sparked this obsession, (subliminal messaging) but after about a week of searching the Internet for answers - I've just decided to join a forum with some individuals who know more about drift rc than I do.  ;)
Hello Druid,

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to take a look around and see what style of car you want to get into. There's plenty of inspiration for bodies and paint schemes here as well.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(06-27-2016, 11:23 PM)DriftGundam Wrote:  Hello Druid,

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to take a look around and see what style of car you want to get into. There's plenty of inspiration for bodies and paint schemes here as well.

-Vic

Thanks DriftGundam!

Look forward to getting more acquainted with drift. I have a budget of around $800 so i'm looking for some seasoned advice on mainly what chassis, motor, ecs, & servo would be best in that price range.
Kevin,

Which style of driving do you want to do, RWD or CS, and what kinds of surfaces are you going to be driving on? I normally steer folks towards the Yokomo Drift Package series (Type C or DPR), but their YD-2 will be coming out in the next couple of months, which should be promising for all those looking for a RWD chassis for Yokomo.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(06-28-2016, 12:00 PM)DriftGundam Wrote:  Kevin,

Which style of driving do you want to do, RWD or CS, and what kinds of surfaces are you going to be driving on? I normally steer folks towards the Yokomo Drift Package series (Type C or DPR), but their YD-2 will be coming out in the next couple of months, which should be promising for all those looking for a RWD chassis for Yokomo.

-Vic

I just posted in chassis discussion for some suggestions here: http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-nee...800-budget

I think I prefer CS over RWD. I don't care about it being completely realistic, I just want to have some fun to be honest.

I have some commercial grade 100% Nylon carpet squares I plan on coating a concrete floor area to drift on - so carpet.

I image they are all great to drift but, like I said I have no experience with drifting so I am putting some stock in other peoples experiences.

What do you prefer?

-Druid
There's plenty of inspiration for bodies and paint schemes here as well.

goldenslot
gclub online

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  louisiana drift guy here 25.malloywm 16 2,814 Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Last Post: lilmafia52
  Hello all from Hammond Louisiana Jumpsuit 15 2,464 01-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Jumpsuit