Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Quebec, Canada!
Hey guys,

first of all, I have to say I am a pretty big newb to rc drifting. Well I am new to the whole rc scene in general.
Just ordered my first chassis about a week ago, the R31-16fm and I can't wait to get started building this beast and start drifting.

My story with drifting is still fairly new too. It all started a while back, when the original xbox was still considered "new" and games like need for speed were the sh*t. I can still remember playing NFS carbon with one of my friend and attempting to drift for my first time. I really liked it but At that time I was quite young so I couldn't afford much to keep the hobby alive.

A year and a half ago I bought a ps3 (I know, I'm late) and started getting really into drifting on gran turismo 5. In fact, drifting was the only thing I did in the game. After countless hours playing I taught of getting a steering wheel but I had to let go this idea because of lack of space to put it/ store it.

That's when I found out about the whole rc drifting scene/industry and it really got me inspired to get myself a kit. As expected, I am still learning about motors, esc, servos, batteries, radios, etc.

My objective with this forum is to inform myself about parts and setup so I don't spend my money on stupid, impulsive buys and I also want to keep track of my project.

As mentioned earlier, I bought myself a eagle racing r31-16fm as my first chassis and I can't wait to get started. I will keep you guys informed when it arrives and I will start a new build thread.

Cheers from Quebec!
Welcome to dm, what are going with for electronics?
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale
I haven't made my order yet but I was thinking of getting the Hobby Wing Waterproof 80A Brushless System ESC w/ Yeah Racing Sensored 10.5T Motor kit from rcmart. For the servo, I think I will get the SAVOX Low Profile High Speed Metal Gear Digital Servo from rcmart again.

motor/esc: http://www.rcmart.com/cb0584-p-35726.html
servo: http://www.rcmart.com/savox-profile-high...36746.html

I don't want to end up having to re-buy some components because of poor quality so that's why I'm getting middle-end gear. What do you guys think of this future set-up?
Welcome.. this forum is a great place to learn from. I find myself on here all the time. People are great and open to help. I think you got a great 1st project. Ive spent a lot of money on cheap chassis and and wish i would have made a few decisions a bit different. But everyone learns differently.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
Thank you for the support, I am a little lost from all the parts I need to get to start drifting and hope to find inspiration from this forum since I have little to no experience with this hobby.
Welcome to DM

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Welcome to DM :) Which city are you in ? I'm ordering my first drift chassis soon. I know it's going to be an Eagle one but now i'm unsure about which one...

I'm always eager to read more about Eagle chassis, hope to read your impressions soon :)
Welcome to dm.
BTW I play NFS World.
[Image: tumblr_nlsue9jbm31u38fl1o1_400.gif]
Thanks, im in the outaouais region

Sent from my SGH-I747M using DriftMission.com, powered by appyet.com
Welcome.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Image Hello from Montreal (Quebec) Canada D-classified 0 965 03-05-2015, 04:24 AM
Last Post: D-classified
  Hello from Montreal, Quebec, Canada pfuture 3 1,521 03-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Piper