Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello from saratoga ny
sup all,
im new to drifting,though i used to take the tires off my toys r us rcs and drift em as a kid.i was into rock crawling for a while. had a fully custom homemade tubeframe rig outta brakelines and some tamiya axles....good time.so now im here cause im into the functional artwork. im getting a mst chassis this month.leanin heavily toward the fs-01 but flex on asphalt concerns me a little.would an ms-01 pro blinged out be better for asphalt?though i really love the fm.im planning on going all out on this as realist as i can.any suggestions on realistic bodys that fit these chassis and have plenty of realistic aftermarket stuff?i was leaning scirocco for my first one but cant seem to find em in stock or with buckets in stock.i was also considering a old ford bronco tamiya body and making custom buckets. anyhow that bout sums it up...oh im goin brushless with sensor..im forgetfull and ill run it to dead without it.thanks all.looking forward to years of fun and differing opinions.:)
(01-17-2014, 07:15 AM)wahoo Wrote:  sup all,
im new to drifting,though i used to take the tires off my toys r us rcs and drift em as a kid.i was into rock crawling for a while. had a fully custom homemade tubeframe rig outta brakelines and some tamiya axles....good time.so now im here cause im into the functional artwork. im getting a mst chassis this month.leanin heavily toward the fs-01 but flex on asphalt concerns me a little.would an ms-01 pro blinged out be better for asphalt?though i really love the fm.im planning on going all out on this as realist as i can.any suggestions on realistic bodys that fit these chassis and have plenty of realistic aftermarket stuff?i was leaning scirocco for my first one but cant seem to find em in stock or with buckets in stock.i was also considering a old ford bronco tamiya body and making custom buckets. anyhow that bout sums it up...oh im goin brushless with sensor..im forgetfull and ill run it to dead without it.thanks all.looking forward to years of fun and differing opinions.:)

Welcome to DM!, mst is a good choice. Make sure to check the wheel base's on bodies as I know for a fact that bronco body from tamiya will not fit 1/10th drift chassis. It was made for the CR-01, I own one :)

Wheelbase : Standard 257mm (changeability 255mm – 259mm)
Trackwidth : Standard 186mm (changeability 186mm – 190mm)

Width does not matter as offset in wheels will help with fitment.
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale
Welcome to DM!
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
(01-17-2014, 06:37 PM)Piper Wrote:  

Welcome to DM!, mst is a good choice. Make sure to check the wheel base's on bodies as I know for a fact that bronco body from tamiya will not fit 1/10th drift chassis. It was made for the CR-01, I own one :)

thanks alot. saves me some money and time. i try not to get my hopes up for anything so im not disapointed. ill probably just grab whatever cool body pops up when i have money for it. im more concerned with the chassis right now because its the most expensive part and most important for function. whats the best mst chassis with or without hopups for pavement and asphalt?i havent bought it yet so im not stuck on one..if i was it would be the xxxd...so sexy.but i feel the fs-01d is more realistic feel for layout.idk.
welcome to DM.

LEAD FOLLOW OR GET OUT THE WAY!
welcome ! :)
Welcome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
(01-18-2014, 04:51 AM)wahoo Wrote:  
(01-17-2014, 06:37 PM)Piper Wrote:  

thanks alot. saves me some money and time. i try not to get my hopes up for anything so im not disapointed. ill probably just grab whatever cool body pops up when i have money for it. im more concerned with the chassis right now because its the most expensive part and most important for function. whats the best mst chassis with or without hopups for pavement and asphalt?i havent bought it yet so im not stuck on one..if i was it would be the xxxd...so sexy.but i feel the fs-01d is more realistic feel for layout.idk.

There is no best chassis really for any surface, its all about how you tune that chassis to run the way you like it on that surface. That being said the more upgraded the chassis the more adjust-ability, but with a price. Any MST chassis in my opinion is a good choice, I own a FS, MS and Have drove a friends XXX. The FS and MS have a bit different driving characteristics out of the box. I noticed the FS gets a bit more angle having the weight upfront and it wants to hang in corners if rotated to far, the MS transitions a bit faster. The XXX is very similar to the MS other then the drive train. I didn't get much seat time on it and it wasn't my tune but considering it still drove very nice.
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale