Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, getting back into rc drifting
Hello all!

Getting back into rc drifting since I'm stationed out here in Japan. Have some issues though and was wondering if anyone on this forum could help me out.

Setup:

Yokomo Type C
Novak Vulcan 13.5
Novak GTB3 Esc
Spektrum Servo 6040
Spektrum DX4C
Yokomo 4000mah Lipos
Hyperion Charger
Yokomo FCW 1.3/5/8 (yes all 3, currently 1.3 in use)
Yokomo HP Front One-Way
Yokomo Center One-Way
3 pairs of RC926 Springs (S,M,H)
Yokomo Shock Oil (Original, 200, 300)
Overdose Steering Wipers
Top Line Tires

So I'm having issues with grip at the moment. At the local track (Indoor tile) it feels like i'm sliding on glass with pvc tires. Feels like I've tried everything as far as changing around my setup suspension wise. All the locals running on the track must use the same tires but they are noticeably faster. Didn't think it made a huge difference but most of the locals run all the high end chassis, i.e. Overdose, GRK, etc.

Can anyone help me out?
Have you tried talking to any of them to see what tire and setup they run. Maybe the tires they are running are the only one that work on that tile. I would think that a Very soft tire would be the right one. But I have never drifted on tile.
can you run any kind of tire there? I have found the t-drift type tires to get the most grip (Azenis style personally).
Photographer at Afro's RC follow us on Facebook, Instagram
HPI Sprint 2 2.7CS (in Progress)
HPI Sprint 2 4.5CS
Wrap-Up FR-D
(12-21-2015, 06:20 PM)MtNnitro Wrote:  Have you tried talking to any of them to see what tire and setup they run. Maybe the tires they are running are the only one that work on that tile. I would think that a Very soft tire would be the right one. But I have never drifted on tile.

Everyone who runs at the track has to use Toplines but theres like 3 different versions/models. Not sure which ones everyone runs tho.

(12-21-2015, 06:35 PM)Gaelen Wrote:  can you run any kind of tire there?  I have found the t-drift type tires to get the most grip (Azenis style personally).

Above should answer your question too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  getting back in to drifting again sake138 0 736 04-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Last Post: sake138