Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello old timer drifting
Hello, I am from Canada and I fell in love with RC cars in the early 2000’s and lost interest as the years go by.  I am trying to dust-off my stock TAMIYA TA05 supra and wanted to experience a diff feeling this time around.  I am trying to make my RC drift and bought a new battery/tires.  Seeing my car drifting from side to side was glorious but I know that I needed to replace a few parts from wear/tear to make it run smoothly and here is where my problems starts.  I need some advice and point me to right direction on which parts I should prioritize first.  Thank you all from taking the time to read this and any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you and happy drifting to all.
Welcome back,

Although the TA05 is a good chassis. Looking into a rear-wheel drive conversion, or look into the Yokomo YD-2/MST RMX 2.0. I say this because the TA05 was not intended for modern day drifting, now-a-days everybody has been moving to rear-wheel drive, drift specific chassis. I converted a TA06 to rear-wheel drive but it will never drift as well as these newer chassis.

Matt
(11-02-2018, 12:06 PM)UnionDrift Wrote:  Welcome back,

Although the TA05 is a good chassis. Looking into a rear-wheel drive conversion, or look into the Yokomo YD-2/MST RMX 2.0. I say this because the TA05 was not intended for modern day drifting, now-a-days everybody has been moving to rear-wheel drive, drift specific chassis. I converted a TA06 to rear-wheel drive but it will never drift as well as these newer chassis.

Matt

thanks for replying.  My RC is really old and i don't think it's worth to convert it to RWD, i think cost wise it's better to just buy a new RWD rc. my budget will be $300 and hopefully i can still use my futaba 2pl controller to get the cost down.  my budget is $300 any suggestions?