Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP
Hey all, i am really wanting to get into rc drifting and modding. not competitively though. I know nothing about the different models or chassis or where to get anything. I am from Canada

What i'm looking for:

-decent drifting
-lots of cosmetic mods that are available including body kits, wings, hoods, lights, rims and maybe others
-chassis, suspension and steering mods would be nice but not as necessary to me
-i want the shell to be a civic, s2000, 350z, 370z or possibly others
-stock appearance is good
-good pricing
None of the bodies you listed have support for body kits.

I'd suggest a Yokomo Drift Package for the car, the suspension and steering can be modded, and you can counter-steer it easily.

Cosmetic mods are really up to how much work you want to do. You can buy lots of different style side mirrors, wings, wheels, light kits, ect.

Check out Banzaihobby.com, and rc-race-and-drift-japan.com and do some window shopping.  

Being from Canada myself, you'll be having to order most of your stuff online from overseas. If that is something you want to avoid, maybe stick to HPI Racing or something. A Sprint 2 is a decent car to slide around and bash, and HPI offers S2000 and 350z bodies. If your shop supports Tamiya products, even a TA05 would be a good choice for a car.

Check out driftmissions website as well, they have a lot of good info on it.
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(01-25-2013, 05:33 PM)GenkiRF Wrote:  None of the bodies you listed have support for body kits.

I'd suggest a Yokomo Drift Package for the car, the suspension and steering can be modded, and you can counter-steer it easily.

Cosmetic mods are really up to how much work you want to do. You can buy lots of different style side mirrors, wings, wheels, light kits, ect.

Check out Banzaihobby.com, and rc-race-and-drift-japan.com and do some window shopping.  

Being from Canada myself, you'll be having to order most of your stuff online from overseas. If that is something you want to avoid, maybe stick to HPI Racing or something. A Sprint 2 is a decent car to slide around and bash, and HPI offers S2000 and 350z bodies. If your shop supports Tamiya products, even a TA05 would be a good choice for a car.

Check out driftmissions website as well, they have a lot of good info on it.

Il try looking up more but I'm just overwelmed by all the different types. I don't need my Hondas or the z's I guess. I want mod friendly and also wallet friendly. But I would be happy with something with interchangeable rims and a diffuser and wing.
all rims are interchangeable  as long as your running the same offset they are standardized across all chassis brands 12mm hex. check out  Eagle Racing  R31-16FM  this is a good quality kit and runs a CS ratio of 1.55 but it's a little expensive not heaps considering some chassis' out there are over $700 if you are looking for something a bit cheaper then the Eagle Racing  TT01 Drift Full OP Kit AL Sus Set  this is also a CS chassis with a ratio of 1.56 might be worth considering! I own this shell it's bit thin and flimsy but still a nice looking 370Z
(01-25-2013, 06:41 PM)pickled Wrote:  all rims are interchangeable  as long as your running the same offset they are standardized across all chassis brands 12mm hex. check out  Eagle Racing  R31-16FM  this is a good quality kit and runs a CS ratio of 1.55 but it's a little expensive not heaps considering some chassis' out there are over $700 if you are looking for something a bit cheaper then the Eagle Racing  TT01 Drift Full OP Kit AL Sus Set  this is also a CS chassis with a ratio of 1.56 might be worth considering! I own this shell it's bit thin and flimsy but still a nice looking 370Z

Are there no kits that come with all the parts you need
as GenkiRF suggested a yokomo DP comes with shell but is 50/50 although CS upgrades are available and needs a Motor, ESC, Servo and RX, and the option parts are extremely expensive. But if you want something that comes with nearly everything you lose out on other things like steering angle etc (example TT-01ED). In my opinion your better off buying something highly tune-able  or fully optioned to start with, as you'll end up spending a lot of dosh to upgrade something when you understand more about it. The two links to chassis I gave you in my other post are fully optioned chassis and highly tune-able. But I'm not going to twist your arm, I wish I'd known about these when I got into drifting I wouldn't have bought a TT-01ED but at the time they weren't available.
(01-25-2013, 07:25 PM)pickled Wrote:  as GenkiRF suggested a yokomo DP comes with shell but is 50/50 although CS upgrades are available and needs a Motor, ESC, Servo and RX, and the option parts are extremely expensive. But if you want something that comes with nearly everything you lose out on other things like steering angle etc (example TT-01ED). In my opinion your better off buying something highly tune-able  or fully optioned to start with, as you'll end up spending a lot of dosh to upgrade something when you understand more about it. The two links to chassis I gave you in my other post are fully optioned chassis and highly tune-able. But I'm not going to twist your arm, I wish I'd known about these when I got into drifting I wouldn't have bought a TT-01ED but at the time they weren't available.

I'm sorry but as I stated I know nothing. What does the te01 mean? And can you show me one like you explained?
TT-01ED is a tamiya chassis based on their touring car chassis TT-01E but they have a really bad steering angle like 25*, don't get one. If you want something like it get the Eagle Racing version.  
[Image: 3711V3-AL.jpg]
But you will still need a Motor, ESC, Servo and Radio and a shell.
^beat me to it lol

The TT-01ED is a car made by Tamiya. It's the 'Tamiya TT-01ED' a very basic entry level car.
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
lol.  
This is my chassis it's a D3 and so far I've spent in excess of $700 on it with everything. I had to buy all the alloy  individually  and the SSG chassis
[Image: sam1892y.jpg]