Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP
(01-25-2013, 08:23 PM)pickled Wrote:  lol.  
This is my chassis it's a D3 and so far I've spent in excess of $700 on it with everything. I had to buy all the alloy  individually  and the SSG chassis
[Image: sam1892y.jpg]

what stock plastic is left on that chassis, the sus. arms? lol, hope you didn't buy the kit.^^

http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-sakura-dri...h=420_1417 the d3 isn't that expensive though, and is highly adjustable.
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale
lol yeah you need the kit to get parts that you can't get like the hooks for the battery O-rings, but I can still rebuild the plastic chassis if I use the longitudinal battery mount. The kit is included in the $700+. The plastic kit is $126.90, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first chassis as you can easily thread the screw holes so the screws won't do up.
(01-26-2013, 12:34 AM)pickled Wrote:  lol yeah you need the kit to get parts that you can't get like the hooks for the battery O-rings, but I can still rebuild the plastic chassis if I use the longitudinal battery mount. The kit is included in the $700+. The plastic kit is $126.90, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first chassis as you can easily thread the screw holes so the screws won't do up.

700$ for full hop ups, I spent about 740$ on a fully hoped-up MST FS-01D.
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale
with the kit, radio etc. but we're getting side tracked.

BrandonTeeth if you find something post it up here and we'll tell you yay or nay.
I actually really like the d3 that he posted, good price imo. how do i know what servo, motor, shell, ect. to buy for it? also i dont know what servos are or anything.
(01-26-2013, 10:30 AM)BrandonTeeth Wrote:  I actually really like the d3 that he posted, good price imo. how do i know what servo, motor, shell, ect. to buy for it? also i dont know what servos are or anything.
hi brandon am a newb myself to the hobby
a servo is what is used in conjuction with your receiver to steer the rc and they are also used for the throttle on all gas/nitro rc's as well. what i look for in a servo is the speed rating at 6 volt. for a beginner like myself i tried the .13sec/60 degree's hitech brand and that was to fast found myself spinning out to easily so imo for a newb you mite want to stick to something .15 to .18 I run a futaba s3003 it a .18/60. as for a radio/receiver i personally use the flysky gt3b/ reciever set. it is very inexpensive and works great for me. check out hobbyking.com or rcmart.com those some cheap place to find the items you need. imo unless your extremely serious and devoted already i would go with cheaper proven brands for what you need that way u have something decent and spare change to put towards those unexpected hopups.lol as for motor/esc combo imo would find something in a combo there are alot of good trusted brands that will give you exactly what ur looking for out of your chassis. from simple brushed combos or to fully programmable sensored brushless combo's. some examples are novak,trinity, ez-run. sorry can't explain to much about the turns and kv's of a motor b/c i still learning the curve on that 1 myself. as for body shells you just need to know the wheelbase of your chassis and go from there for instance i run a tamiya TT01e with wheelbase of 257mm but my shell has a wheelbase of 260 it works but the wheel wells look of center to the tire. it also helps to know the length of your chassis. but as i did i asked many goofed question and got great answers from these awesome bunch of folks in this forum
hope this helps ya out more then it confuses you brandon
these are just some of the things i do and use along with my experience so far in the last six months since my debut into the rc hobby in general.
take care and the best of luck and imo it better to take your time and research, then questions and then more research till you have a list then implement the purchase when your sure u are getting everything you want.
wish to apologize in advance if i gave out any misleading information
if ya can slide it you can drift it!!
(01-26-2013, 01:22 PM)toefurkeybasher Wrote:  
(01-26-2013, 10:30 AM)BrandonTeeth Wrote:  I actually really like the d3 that he posted, good price imo. how do i know what servo, motor, shell, ect. to buy for it? also i dont know what servos are or anything.
hi brandon am a newb myself to the hobby
a servo is what is used in conjuction with your receiver to steer the rc and they are also used for the throttle on all gas/nitro rc's as well. what i look for in a servo is the speed rating at 6 volt. for a beginner like myself i tried the .13sec/60 degree's hitech brand and that was to fast found myself spinning out to easily so imo for a newb you mite want to stick to something .15 to .18 I run a futaba s3003 it a .18/60. as for a radio/receiver i personally use the flysky gt3b/ reciever set. it is very inexpensive and works great for me. check out hobbyking.com or rcmart.com those some cheap place to find the items you need. imo unless your extremely serious and devoted already i would go with cheaper proven brands for what you need that way u have something decent and spare change to put towards those unexpected hopups.lol as for motor/esc combo imo would find something in a combo there are alot of good trusted brands that will give you exactly what ur looking for out of your chassis. from simple brushed combos or to fully programmable sensored brushless combo's. some examples are novak,trinity, ez-run. sorry can't explain to much about the turns and kv's of a motor b/c i still learning the curve on that 1 myself. as for body shells you just need to know the wheelbase of your chassis and go from there for instance i run a tamiya TT01e with wheelbase of 257mm but my shell has a wheelbase of 260 it works but the wheel wells look of center to the tire. it also helps to know the length of your chassis. but as i did i asked many goofed question and got great answers from these awesome bunch of folks in this forum
hope this helps ya out more then it confuses you brandon
these are just some of the things i do and use along with my experience so far in the last six months since my debut into the rc hobby in general.
take care and the best of luck and imo it better to take your time and research, then questions and then more research till you have a list then implement the purchase when your sure u are getting everything you want.
wish to apologize in advance if i gave out any misleading information

Great info, everyone really. i understand a lot more now. i think i will be buying a used yokomo dp with everything but the charger. if i have more questions i will ask
If you want a good cheap servo go for the bluebird brand or PowerHD  (this what I run). Here is an ESC/Motor combo  you need to solder all the wires though. Shells,Shells  and more Shells