Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! HPI sprint 2 receiver problem?
Hello, I was searching on here before I started this thread and looked on google and other different forums with no luck so far.

My sprint 2 sport is all stock. Have not messed with any electronics, all I have done is lock the read diff.

It turns on as normal, I start driving it and it acts as if either the battery is going low or it's signal cutting out, shortly after it goes into fail safe mode.

I have the stock motor, TF-40 and RF-40 transmitter / receiver. The stock ESC and servo.

Everywhere I checked it said to check the battery, might need a fully charged one, checked. Fresh battery still not working. Faulty battery? Checked, other battery was working fine.

Tried my friend's transmitter as well and it did the same, also tried my transmitter on his car and it worked fine so it's not the transmitter.

Tried the ESC since he upgraded his recently and had the stock one still with LiPo plugs and tried his lipo battery which we know work, plugged tha ESC in and it still did the same.

We put both cars next to each other and I plugged my electronics to his receiver and it still did the same.

Also plugged in the resistor or capacitor from his set up since he needed it after he upgraded his servo, just to see if that would fix it but it didn't : /

The ESC was not over heated as far as I know, haven't really used the RC car that much yet, I've had it for like 2 weeks.

Tried to reset the fail safe, tried re binding the transmitter as well.

I don't know what else I could check on from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have a feeling that it's a stupid and simple fix but I am still pretty new to all this lol.

Thank you for reading all this. Not sure if I am missing any info, let me know if can give you any more info that cold help in figuring this out.
Assuming its the stock motor? Does it make that noise when everything is powered up?

If it acts like your battery is going low/cutting out, I have a feeling the problem is the motor is close to death. If another 15T works then problem solved.
Yea I would check the motor, which scares me as my car has recently been doing this. I will try to replicate the problem at my LHS and see what I come up with.
Current: Tamiya / HPI

Future: MST
It is the stock motor, thanks for replying guys.

Weird, didn't think the motor would go out that quickly.. Like I said, I've had it for about 2 weeks and I drive it pretty conservative.

I'll see if I can test my friends other motor.

If it is the odor I guess it's a good excuse to upgrade haha. Wasn't quite planning to do that yet tho.

Anyone else have a different opinion?
(05-16-2013, 08:22 AM)Rusty180SX Wrote:  It is the stock motor, thanks for replying guys.

Weird, didn't think the motor would go out that quickly.. Like I said, I've had it for about 2 weeks and I drive it pretty conservative.

I'll see if I can test my friends other motor.

If it is the odor I guess it's a good excuse to upgrade haha. Wasn't quite planning to do that yet tho.

Anyone else have a different opinion?
Happened to my lil bros and my dads sprint 2. If it doesn't make any noise when you turn it on the motor gave out. If it works, but keeps stopping I believe the motor is getting either too hot or the battery is dying (NIMH stops and goes stops and goes repeatedly if its dying btw the stock battery does it out the gate lol) (Lipos probably a bad battery). I'd check batteries 1st then if itthe problem still persists, it's most deffinitely the motor.
Sounds like a motor or esc issue to me:(
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
The motor turns on no problem, gets going but it's just stops out of nowhere, I keep on the throttle a bit and it catches on and works again, does that a few more times and it goes into fail safe mode. The battery I tried is not the stock battery, i bought a new battery that was working fine and made sure it was fully charged before I tried it again.

The lipo is tested was my friends and it works no problem in his sprint 2.

Would the motor do that only if it overheats one time or each time it overheats because when it's doing this it's just after turning it on.

Thanks for your help too. Trying to figure this out =L
Is I the brushed setup...and over heating the motor will cause that!!
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
I would try another motor first and see if it still does it. Are you using stock electronics?

When it happens to me its right at start up. Motor turns on, when I press the accelerator it moves but dies right after and the car stop. I cant turn the wheels, accelerate, nothing. I turn the car off and back on and it always works again like normal. This is strange. I do have a faulty connection on my battery that needs to be resoldered but I don't think that is the problem because when it stops responding, the ESC light is still on meaning it obviously has current coming in.
Current: Tamiya / HPI

Future: MST
also check all the soldering points.. sometimes its just a bad solder that can cause this.. happened to my brushless setup on my D3.. sometimes its just a simple thing thats wrong, but often overlooked.. hehe
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hpi E10 DRIFT Servo problem Iampappaj 0 247 04-20-2019, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Iampappaj
  Hpi Sprint 2 Weight Distribution Gramps50 3 744 02-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: wareagle84
  hpi sprint flux 2 Gilbert310 3 1,259 04-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: wilkewhaq
  HPI sprint 2 flux D3 steering conversion! BlackLow89 2 2,635 03-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Last Post: hellahella
  HPI Sprint 2 PROVA HPI IMPREZA wheel size and offset help bernibus 4 1,651 12-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bernibus
  Hpi Sprint 2 Drift motor upgrade ? martyn.miller.14418 2 1,357 08-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Gaelen
  Is this a good HPI Sprint 2 Motor / Servo / Lipo setup? bernibus 1 1,239 03-22-2015, 03:13 PM
  Pandora s13 body rub/HPI Sprint 2 Chassis Kevin Nguyen 1 1,909 11-12-2014, 04:38 PM
  Need suggestions for my hpi sprint 2 flux Gregory 7 3,174 08-12-2014, 05:14 PM
  Making a HPI Sprint 2 Sport into a drifter. Z3L 16 7,609 03-17-2014, 02:53 AM
Last Post: gieo07