Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me choose a budget rc drift car
Magic8ball 
I plan on buying my first rc drift car but need help i have 3 options, which is the best?
Option 1 : (kyosho EP fazer drift rtr) $209
Option 2: (tamiya tt-02D kit arr) $176 excluding remote, battery, charger, servo
Option 3: (HPI racing e10 drift rtr) $200
I plan on keeping it stock so what do you guys recommend?
How much money you can spend.
(12-08-2017, 02:55 PM)Edgarc Wrote:  I plan on buying my first rc drift car but need help i have 3 options, which is the best?
Option 1 : (kyosho EP fazer drift rtr) $209
Option 2: (tamiya tt-02D kit arr) $176 excluding remote, battery, charger, servo
Option 3: (HPI racing e10 drift rtr) $200
I plan on keeping it stock so what do you guys recommend?

So I am bit confused as to why you say " I plan on keeping it stock". 
All these kits are AWD so it's going to be fun for bashing around and getting a "feel" for what RC drifting is, but if you plan on really making this a hobby, I suggest you look at a RWD kit. There is very few people left drifting AWD. So to make sure you get to meet people to have with fun I would stick to RWD. 
My suggestion would be to get yourself a Sakura D4 kit from RCMart  
This will be far better to start, and will allow you to drift with other people, cost about as much as the other kits (except it doesn't include a body, battery, charger) and the few extra items can be found for cheap online or at your local hobby store. 
Being in CA you won't have problem finding those. 
This car also has a ton of option and can be very competitive with the top dogs if tuned properly. 
So you can start training on it and slowly upgrade it later on when you want to get more performance out of it. 

All the kits you mentioned above will not be able to offer you any of that, and in the end you will have blown $200 instead of investing it in something worthwhile that can last and offer plenty of fun.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
don't get the e10, utter shite of akit. everything is propretary to the car and it's a pain in the ass to work on.

Yd2 is the king for budget RWD - search google to find some prices or swing out to superG, GGT or Vertex to pick it up in person.
http://www.facebook.com/raincityrajikon  - Seattle's scale drift club
RWD yoko dori pake -=- RWD SJ ota-r31 -=- 50:50 SJ ota-r31 (club loaner car)
+ 2wd Slash, 4x4 Slash, e-Maxx, Subaru Brat scaler, mRS4, broken quads and a bunch of spares

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best budget Rc drift car Drift noob 14 1,357 09-23-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: madeinjapandad
  Best budget Rc drift car Drift noob 1 346 05-27-2017, 11:41 PM
Last Post: santafe17