Hoach's MST XXX-D VIP w/ HT Suspension

8 Replies, 5463 Views

I upgraded my XXX-D VIP here is list for it's current setup.

HT suspension
KPI alloy Uprights
HT rear alloy uprights
Center one way
DK Springs & Alloy spring retainers.
Widened damper stay
2.02 CS gears
Alloy heatsink
HEI-ko CG tires
Speed passion dokyo 8.5t
Reventon ESC
OMG servo.

Video of chassis (will get some still pics tonight)
Hoach's MST XXX-D VIP w/ HT Suspension

Just need a ball end screw for Overdose Horn & re-solder longer wires. The space between motor and servo was extended a bit more for to accommodate motors with wiring back there I assume.

I tested/Tuned it a bit at Hono Circuit Saturday night and it is running super smooth. It is very responsive and goes exactly where you want it too. The center one way makes switches very fast.
Overdose + Tail-Slider MST XXX-D VIP FM Red w/ HT Suspension Fully upgraded :^^:

Looks awesome. I'm still confused on what the HT kit does.
Looking great! Was that Eazy E I heard in the background???lol
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread:^^:

Looking forward to running vids.

So can you say it definitely makes the car run much better and is worth the cost?
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
To be honest. It is hard for me to say what made it feel so much smoother, because I upgraded with different shock setup and the center oneway, new tires, now 2.02 gears.

So I am unsure exactly which upgrade made the most difference. I am not crazy knowledgeable when it comes to all the mathematics/physics that comes with tuning, but I get by from just trying out different settings lol.

The HT suspension is a lot more tunable than stock with the HT uprights, KPI fronts and new arms.

To justify the cost, well, it's pretty much a brand new chassis for $288. Some may say it isn't worth it, but I like shiny stuff so I had to have it Big Grin

I will get some good running footage this weekend at the track. We filmed this past weekend also, but I think someone is editing it. So ill get some raw footage.

(12-10-2013, 05:05 AM)L3gTxDomo Wrote: Looking great! Was that Eazy E I heard in the background???lol

lol yup Eazy E
Overdose + Tail-Slider MST XXX-D VIP FM Red w/ HT Suspension Fully upgraded :^^:

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 01:41 PM by Hoach.)
Some stills.

[Image: 1473042_10153583714750416_1916990750_n.jpg]

[Image: 1473042_10153583714755416_1685343852_n.jpg]

So sick!!! I still need to order mine in silver! now with the new arms coming out, i'll be spending a pretty penny lol but thank god for dealer prices!
Love this car
(12-12-2013, 06:30 PM)mikep415 Wrote: So sick!!! I still need to order mine in silver! now with the new arms coming out, i'll be spending a pretty penny lol but thank god for dealer prices!

lol hell yea, im glad I can get the new alloy arms they are making since it fits on the HT and FXX. Smile

(12-12-2013, 07:39 PM)fullmetalgrave Wrote: Love this car

Me too! haha I like it the best out of all chassis I have driven, and not just saying that because I have one lol. Plus not having to deal with belts makes me happy.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 09:22 PM by Hoach.)