Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbywing 3.1 stock spec esc brake setting
Just installed esc but confused with the definitions of the brake control section to adjust. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-S975L using DriftMission.com
Are you confused with how the HW brake settings are adjusted or not sure where to start?
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.  

Mehh
I want the hand brake effect. I dont know if im setting the brakes correctly. I dont know what setting to put the initial brake 3C. Brake rate switch point 3D. 1st stage brake rate 3E. 2nd stage brake rate 3F.

Sent from my SM-S975L using RC Drift Handbook
This hobbywing esc is a little too fancy for me. The leopard rc and the xtm brands are much easier using the program card. I cant even use the card for the HW. Good thing i bought the multifunction box as well.

The most effective handbrake effect (other than having an actual mechanical servo controlled brake) would be to install a one way diff on the front end of the car. Use that in conjunction with drag brake from the ESC then you'll have your handbrake.

The other brake settings from your esc are for things like brake force, deadband, curve, and other things the racing crowd feels like they must have.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.  

Mehh
Allready have fow. Just need settings on the brakes

Need better understanding what the other settings for the brakes are for on the esc.

If i adjust drag brakes higher, wont the brakes come on automatically when throttle is neutral? Thats not what i want to happen.

Yes, the drake brake is the amount of braking force applied by the ESC when you are off throttle/at neutral.
(07-07-2015, 06:28 AM)JatoTheRipper Wrote:  Yes, the drake brake is the amount of braking force applied by the ESC when you are off throttle/at neutral.

Xerun

0% drag brake