hobbywing or novak combo

18 Replies, 6360 Views

What about Speedpassion? You can get a Reventon Pro combo with a Speedpassino V3.0 or MMM motor for under 150$ shipped.
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
I've been using Novak for a while for touring and as well for off road. NEVER HAD A FAILURE. The only time I've heard of a Novak fail is just like any other esc motor combo. If your gearing ain't right and it overheats. I have beta tested almost all there equipment since I started in this hobby 24yrs ago and I have never had a problem. Just my 2 cents. Mind you I am in no way knocking the other companies either. For drift go with what your budget can handle. If $150 is all you got speedpassion and hobbywing are both made in the same plant you can't go wrong. Try and stay within the 13.5-10.5 motor range no higher then 100-120amp esc range with an FDR starting point at 6.5 and always check your temps with a proper gauge keep it under 150 degrees of heat in the summer outdoors and 165 indoors
HW or Speed Passion ftw. SP is made by HW.
I am a Novak supporter as well! I have had a lot of luck with Novak gear. Most of oneTEN Drift Network either runs a Havoc sport, GTB, GTB 2, or SLYDER. With Novak motors ranging between 6.5t to 8.5t. Novak electronics is just something we count on meet after meet!

Promoting radio controlled drifting to the masses since 2009
You guys might want to check your wiring. Been running my GTBII for over two years, never a single problem. My buds that ran HW during the same period, they quit RC after getting so frustrated.

Novak.

Assembled in the USA. Serviced in the USA. Designed in the USA.

By American. With Jobs.
www.facebook.com/raincityrajikon  - Seattle's scale drift club
RWD yoko dori pake -=- RWD SJ ota-r31 -=- 50:50 SJ ota-r31 (club loaner car)
+ 2wd Slash, 4x4 Slash, e-Maxx, Subaru Brat scaler, mRS4, broken quads and a bunch of spares
(07-25-2013, 06:57 PM)multi-bash Wrote: You guys might want to check your wiring. Been running my GTBII for over two years, never a single problem. My buds that ran HW during the same period, they quit RC after getting so frustrated.

Novak.

Assembled in the USA. Serviced in the USA. Designed in the USA.

By American. With Jobs.

I got novak.. havok. got it used and still going strong. I read "online" that they are glitchy... but thats if you have a bad battery. I experienced that so i changed battery and it has been fine since.
Been running my Novak GTBs for what seems like for ever. I agree, gear'em right and keep'em cool. :B):
DRB TCFD TB EVO4 PRO4
RC Drifting Yokosuka FB
YouTube
[Image: 9020124853_46e995567c.jpg]
i put a brand new GTB2 with a 8.5 into my buddies car. turned it on with a brand new lipo. got 5 minutes out of it, was running cool and pop wouldnt turn on, novak diagnosed it as a bad SCR.

ran my gtb for 2 years then it caught fire.

not really into novak anymore.
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
I have had a gtb for like 5 years and it runs perfect!!
I also have a slydr and a gtb2 all with a 6.5 turn drift spec brushless. I have never had a novak fail on me or give me a hard time. Easy set up and reliable. I have never used a HW so I cannot grade this, but with my experience you can't go wrong with novak. Plus they have a drift spec setup with a 13.5 turn motor combo for $130. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Novak-Drift-...5aed571916

good luck, either way there all going to move the car. It's all about preference and feel with drifting. most of the time you can set your curves with your remote and really do not need a fancy esc to help.