Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Mount Drift Tires
Nice Video !! I have always used a heatgun to mount up my stuff but this looks much quicker will give it a try for sure. Thanks for the input..
Your welcome, I have tried the heatgun and other methods and always had a heck of a time, I found this the easiest and quickest. lol
I've probably done about 10 full sets with this method, by far the easiest, quickest and safest! Tried the heat gun method on my first ever set, couldn't get them evenly heated and ended up ruining a tire. This way works everytime. I also have a tiny flat head screwdriver right there in case it doesn't get all the way seated and you can work it into the bead before it cools. Never had one dismount itself or start slipping on the wheel.
Also if you did glue your tyres like I did this method weakens the glue and allows you to replace your tyres.
cool ! so getting the tires back off you boil them again ?
so doesn't the rim expand the same way as the tire or is the expansion rate of the rim less than the tire so they come off easy  ?
it depends... if you boil them for 30 seconds the tire heats faster then the wheel..

watch boiling wheels with 0-rings tho. i have had an o-ring collapse a wheel by boiling it too long

[Image: 20130322_191255.jpg]
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video RC Drift Circuit LunLUn - GoPro Swivel mount run partizansk 0 1,479 08-10-2015, 05:49 AM
Last Post: partizansk