Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to mount hobbywing ESC heat sink?
Hi all
got my ESC & motor today
have a couple of questions

1. how do I mount the heat sink ? it came with 2 stickers but it seems wrong to me to have a sticker between the ESC and the heat sink

2. do I need this thing (marked with red arrow)?

the manual didnt mention those things
Thanks

[Image: escuf.jpg]
You actually have to take it apart.. There are two micro screws on the bottom.. Yes those capacitors help.. I have the same exact esc as you got.. When u take it apart keep the double sided tape on where that flat metal goes..
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
The stickers are special thermal heatsink tape stuff. Works fine between the heatsink and ESC.

Capacitor is soldered on the battery + and - tab of the ESC. I advise you to use them, especially when you have a high torque or high speed servo.

But the thing that cought my eye is that you have a 1S ESC, which are meant for 1 cell Lipo batteries. They are used for 1/12th scale racing. Not really fit for drifting, you need the normal ESC (2S).
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
I had to double check my order then lol just to make sure I had the xerun V2.1 and it supports 2-3 cell lipo's
thanks guys
the esc supports 2s lipo (at least according to the manual)
Yes it's true it does support 2s Lipos because I have tried it already... Well I took mine apart because I dont trust the tape holding it down.. It's a more secured fit when you do.. The only prob is you have to carefully take the stickers off the esc..
The underdog drifter....
I'd use thermal grease if you do it that way like arctic silver or something like it

you should be able to get your hands on some combat do you have any I.T. guys where you are?
Yup I forgot to mention that.. And also that fan will provide so much cooling.. And it's pretty loud.. Lol
The underdog drifter....
I'm an IT guy..have lots of thermal grease at work.
thats a good idea..will take it appart again.

BTW,  the manual says to remove the flat heatsink if using 2s lipo and install the other one instead
lol that's funny and coincidental yeah I used to be more into building PC's than RC now I'm bored with PC but I guess the knowledge still comes in handy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't bind hobbywing esc to mst ms-01d RC DRIFTER1738 6 760 01-11-2018, 02:30 AM
Last Post: H0LESH0T
  Me omg servo getting over heat ..why ?? shadeez 8 3,489 10-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Last Post: WeekendWarrior45w
  Hobbywing xerun V3.1 stock spec esc madmikehi967 1 1,134 07-08-2015, 02:41 AM
Last Post: madmikehi967
  Packin Heat? GreenSlider502 4 2,033 08-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Last Post: GreenSlider502