Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPI E10 monster energy mustang

Didn't work. Look me up on Instagram. I have a lot more pictures there
[/quote]

Whats instagram?
[/quote]

"What's Instagram".......I gonna assume you don't use a lot of social networking sites.(Correct me if i'm wrong)
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread^^

(10-12-2013, 07:39 AM)Chiefy707 Wrote:  If you haven't yet I'd hold off on the BL system and go for a front one way and rear spool first. My old drift crew, our best driver ran an E10 with oil filled shocks, FOW, and rear spool. It's alot easier to drift when the car has those upgrades. He kept on with the stock motor and when that finally fried he put in the brushed motor that came with his Axial. Stock E10D's understeer too much to consistently drift.

I have alot of fun with the E10's that have the "must get" upgrades. Its like the car begs to be driven hard.

Whats a front one way? and a rear spool?

One mod I have no interest in, is a drift box. bit of a random comment.
Another random comment coming lol. I like the driveshaft better than the belt drive RC's.

(10-12-2013, 09:19 PM)L3gTxDomo Wrote:  
(10-12-2013, 09:15 PM)Brimmer555 Wrote:  

Didn't work. Look me up on Instagram. I have a lot more pictures there

Whats instagram?
[/quote]

"What's Instagram".......I gonna assume you don't use a lot of social networking sites.(Correct me if i'm wrong)
[/quote]

hahaha nope, forums are just about it. that an facebook, from time to time.
Yeah the D box's are something you don't want to be seen with in a 4WD drift car.

A "spool" is a locked transmission. You keep one at the rear of the car so that that end of the car has a harder time gaining traction on turns
A "front one way" is a differential that allows the car to 4wd when you put down power, then 2wd when you get off power. By having one at the front of the car, you increase the cars tendency to oversteer (which you want.)

Getting the oil filled shocks will allow a bit of adjustment for your suspension as well as regulate your cars relative grip. Think of dropping a golf ball, that would be like the stock shocks. They give but they bounce and thats no bueno.
Now think of dropping a warm ball of clay. That would be like oil filled shocks, they squish and absorb keeping your tires to the ground.

Another must have E10 hop up that comes to mind is the alloy driveshaft. I've seen too many friends break theirs even with the stock motor. When you eventually get a BL system you will definitely need to have this on your car.

I hope I'm not confusing you on how one thread I'm saying you should get this BL system then on this thread I'm saying you shouldn't even get a BL system. I just happened to read that other thread first!
I feel its important to beef up and fix a cars weaknesses first before going for moar powahhh!!! I like to think of it as getting a bone stock EG civic and throwing a 700hp K turbo in it. There's simply no way bone stock it can make the most of that power.
Same with the E10, it's on you to let the car make the most of what it's got. Power-wise, what the E10 has is adequate.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.  

Mehh
(10-12-2013, 09:48 PM)Chiefy707 Wrote:  Yeah the D box's are something you don't want to be seen with in a 4WD drift car.

A "spool" is a locked transmission. You keep one at the rear of the car so that that end of the car has a harder time gaining traction on turns
A "front one way" is a differential that allows the car to 4wd when you put down power, then 2wd when you get off power. By having one at the front of the car, you increase the cars tendency to oversteer (which you want.)

Getting the oil filled shocks will allow a bit of adjustment for your suspension as well as regulate your cars relative grip. Think of dropping a golf ball, that would be like the stock shocks. They give but they bounce and thats no bueno.
Now think of dropping a warm ball of clay. That would be like oil filled shocks, they squish and absorb keeping your tires to the ground.

Another must have E10 hop up that comes to mind is the alloy driveshaft. I've seen too many friends break theirs even with the stock motor. When you eventually get a BL system you will definitely need to have this on your car.

I hope I'm not confusing you on how one thread I'm saying you should get this BL system then on this thread I'm saying you shouldn't even get a BL system. I just happened to read that other thread first!
I feel its important to beef up and fix a cars weaknesses first before going for moar powahhh!!! I like to think of it as getting a bone stock EG civic and throwing a 700hp K turbo in it. There's simply no way bone stock it can make the most of that power.
Same with the E10, it's on you to let the car make the most of what it's got. Power-wise, what the E10 has is adequate.

My E10 isn't stock lol.

I have the aluminum drive shaft, shock tower braces, fully adjustable control arms to set my camber, swaybar kit, and a set of aluminum adjustable oil filled shocks

is this the kinda spool I need for my E10?

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/67714
that multidiff is for the HB Cyclone chassis, a belt car.

HPI E10 Front One Way

HPI E10 Spool

Good to know your car is almost completely built up, maybe you can get a cheaper BL system along with the FOW and spool now!

here are times when I wish I had a loaded to the gills E10 as a drift anywhere car. The car can take a beating.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.  

Mehh
Yeah I can attest to it being a rugged drift rc. Lol all my bodies have some road rash lol. I can't wait to build it up. It's gonna be mean!
(10-13-2013, 10:29 AM)Brimmer555 Wrote:  Yeah I can attest to it being a rugged drift rc. Lol all my bodies have some road rash lol. I can't wait to build it up. It's gonna be mean!

Thanks for the links!
What's under the hood

Attached Files
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 92.17 KB / Downloads: 41)
I can't find the rear spool for my e10. I have the universals, and FOW. Getting the shocks soon. I locked the rear diff by stuffing it with paper. Not ideal but does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Found a link to one on amazon. luckily the LHS has this in stock as this one seems a bit pricey http://www.amazon.com/HPI-Racing-88057-L...B001BFZ4Y0
Current Chassis:Team Magic E4-FS, Team Magic E4D-MF Pro