HPI E10 monster energy mustang

29 Replies, 18992 Views

Hello, I have a question for you e10 owners. I have an e10 mustang, and Ive been looking for a one way differential. Its pretty hard to find, but I have found some at ridiculous shipping costs. Im stationed overseas and not everyone ships here. Since Ive been unable to find someone to ship here, what other options do I have? Is there another "universal" one way differential I can use? I order from hobby king, rcmart and a main hobbies. Ive found some one way diffs on there, but not sure if they'll work. Any help?
(04-15-2014, 11:48 PM)reyoflight Wrote: Hello, I have a question for you e10 owners. I have an e10 mustang, and Ive been looking for a one way differential. Its pretty hard to find, but I have found some at ridiculous shipping costs. Im stationed overseas and not everyone ships here. Since Ive been unable to find someone to ship here, what other options do I have? Is there another "universal" one way differential I can use? I order from hobby king, rcmart and a main hobbies. Ive found some one way diffs on there, but not sure if they'll work. Any help?

I'm unsure if any other front one ways will fit because the E10 has a unique differential case. Possibly a yokomo type c front one way. Which country are you located in? Amazon operates out of multiple areas & isn't too difficult to navigate via Google translate. There are also address forwarding services unavailable, although they do charge a fee.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Current Chassis:Team Magic E4-FS, Team Magic E4D-MF Pro
You can lock the rear differential with some glue, clay, or rtv like I did lol. Anything sticky enough will work. They have some tutorials on youtube on how to do this.
Before doing this, PLEASE shim ur differential. Cuz the plastic differential pinion gear will still strip even with the slow 27t motor.
That plastic gear is the biggest problem with the e10 unless u know about shimming. ;]

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using DriftMission.com, powered by appyet.com
Hpi E10.CSD
Sakura D4 RWD
I upgraded to a 15T motor, thing is crazy fast now.

(08-22-2014, 09:35 AM)R.SOLO.W Wrote: You can lock the rear differential with some glue, clay, or rtv like I did lol. Anything sticky enough will work. They have some tutorials on youtube on how to do this.
Before doing this, PLEASE shim ur differential. Cuz the plastic differential pinion gear will still strip even with the slow 27t motor.
That plastic gear is the biggest problem with the e10 unless u know about shimming. ;]

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using DriftMission.com, powered by appyet.com
Sweeet

Hpi E10.CSD
Sakura D4 RWD
Yeah, I've got a lot of extra throttle room if I need it now.
I'm glad I didn't get anything faster. It would be to sensitive.

(08-24-2014, 08:07 AM)R.SOLO.W Wrote: Sweeet

Hey bro just saw the thread and its pretty old, fellow hpi e10 here, i upgraded my dampers using GPM threaded alum dampers and a set of tamiya springs, i would be upgrading to lipo, how did i fit the dampers? I used tt01 type e shock towers (you can use two tt01 type e carbon front shock towers if you want adjustability, but to be safe use plastic ones)

Next upgrades of it will be camber arms, tie rods, lower turn motor (15t),and trf shock gear set, i also need softer springs, tamiya springs are hard for drifting but it gets the job done

Sent from my GT-I9505 using DriftMission.com
(05-03-2015, 02:28 PM)TheMADMister Wrote: Hey bro just saw the thread and its pretty old, fellow hpi e10 here, i upgraded my dampers using GPM threaded alum dampers and a set of tamiya springs, i would be upgrading to lipo, how did i fit the dampers? I used tt01 type e shock towers (you can use two tt01 type e carbon front shock towers if you want adjustability, but to be safe use plastic ones)

Next upgrades of it will be camber arms, tie rods, lower turn motor (15t),and trf shock gear set, i also need softer springs, tamiya springs are hard for drifting but it gets the job done

Sent from my GT-I9505 using DriftMission.com

How difficult was the tto1 Shock tower to make fit? Been looking for a way to keep the thing from dragging on the ground everywhere. Was going to do Hpi aluminums but it's a little pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im pretty sure yeah racing came out with e10 shock towers for like $20
Hpi E10.CSD
Sakura D4 RWD
Made my own towers

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk