Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPI RS4 Sport 3 Flux Questions
Hey everyone, I recently got a HPI RS4 Sport 3 Flux and I have a few questions.  Whenever I go at the slowest speed, I can hear the differentials or gears grinding.  Is this normal?  It was like that out of the box.  When I was adjusting a coilover, I unscrewed the top and oil got on the coilover.  What should I do?  I tightened it and it doesn't feel softer. If I run it on snowy or salty roads, what else do I need to take care of it and how should I do that?  Thank you.
Bump.
Help please.
Are you sure the diff gears are grinding? Are you sure it's not the motor cogging? Check the mesh of the pinion and spur gears.

Just make sure to clean the chassis with compressed air and re-oil and grease moving parts that require lube.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
No, I'm not sure it's the gears. What's the cogging of the motor? Thank you, I'll try that.
(02-07-2016, 07:55 PM)wareagle84 Wrote:  Are you sure the diff gears are grinding? Are you sure it's not the motor cogging? Check the mesh of the pinion and spur gears.

Just make sure to clean the chassis with compressed air and re-oil and grease moving parts that require lube.

(02-14-2016, 09:51 AM)veng_m Wrote:  No, I'm not sure it's the gears.  What's the cogging of the motor?  Thank you, I'll try that.
Motors cog sometimes at very, very low rpm because of the magnets and poles lining up within the motor and wanting to stay there, kind of, because there isn't enough momentum to overcome the magnetic attraction. I think I'm explaining that right. Either way, it's normal in some motors and isn't really harmful.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HPI RS4 Sport 3 Questions veng_m 0 488 02-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Last Post: veng_m