Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPI RS4 SPORT 3 MUSTANG 2015 Drift Build, toughts, suggestion, general chat.
Hello all! 

my second RC (HPI RS4 SPORT 3 Mustang 2015)
[Image: url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c...4414986782]

Waiting for it to arrive in mail. i want to do some drifting with it during summer, i also want to have it ready for winter. Suggestions?  
what do people think of it, i found it hard to find much information about builds and people that bought it. so im looking forward to hear from you

This is what i have ordered. ( i was unsure off what to get so i bought diffrent wheels)
HPI 4790 X PATTERN RADIAL TIRE 26mm D COMPOUND
HPI 3288 Work XSA 02C Wheel 26mm Chrome/Black (9mm Offset)
HPI 4427 LP29 T-DRIFT TIRE YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD07 (2pcs)

MaxPower lipobatteri: 7,4v - 35C - 2S - 4200mah - T plugg
HPI 113717 Spec-Grip Tire 26mm (K Compound/2pcs)
HPI RS4 SPORT 3 2015 FORD MUSTANG RTR SPEC 5
HPI 3592 Work Meister S1 Wheel 26mm Chrome (6mm Offset)
EV-Peak C1-XR 100W 10 Charger 

What do you think? 

this is some option parts, ive been looking at. What do you recommend? 
#114436 - 40T SPOOL SET   to lock the rear diff.  
#114437 - UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT SET  
[b]#114435 - ALUMINUM SHOCK SET (4PCS)

#114432 - CENTER DRIVE SHAFT COVER SET
[/b]
#114433 - SHOCK TOWER (FRONT/CARBON
#114434 - SHOCK TOWER (REAR/CARBON 

I cant afford much more atm, so what is most important? 

Thanks for feedback!
+ Yeah Racing Aluminum set. good 1/10 Winter tires?
Funny thing is when people see a HPI and think it's the ultimate drift car, It's like a basic Tamiya TT-02, with limited adjustments and 50/50 out of the box.
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary
I dont think its the best out there, i know that much. but i went with it since im happy with Hpi's products for my use, and that it got a sealed driveshaft.
(07-07-2017, 03:55 AM)Dynos Wrote:  I dont think its the best out there, i know that much. but i went with it since im happy with Hpi's products for my use, and that it got a sealed driveshaft.
Had a test run today with it stock. Seemed like there is a minor steering issue with the centering at times, no big deal but if your a perfectionist you will notice. Will have to sort that out with time.
Body is very nice, it can take some beating. Stock its too low, from ground to bottom plate will have to adjust that.

So far im very happy with it:)
Have adjusted the shocks mounting positions, got some more ride height. Bought a unpainted Subaru chassis wich i completed today, pretty happy about it for a first own build. You can see it on my avatar pictures, no idea how i upload pictures to this post. Have spoken to HPI about the steering issue with rocks, they are working on a solution.

Im very happy with the build so far, only issue i have is rocks in the steering.
(07-15-2017, 09:27 AM)Dynos Wrote:  Have adjusted the shocks mounting positions, got some more ride height. Bought a unpainted Subaru chassis wich i completed today, pretty happy about it for a first own build. You can see it on my avatar pictures, no idea how i upload pictures to this post. Have spoken to HPI about the steering issue with rocks, they are working on a solution.

Im very happy with the build so far, only issue i have is rocks in the steering.

I got my son the same car for his birthday and he cracked the body between the splitter and the grill on it's first run, because it was dragging on the ground. I think I can fix it with some epoxy. A new body will probably come after a bit of practice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sprint 2 sport, drift and flux madmike 2 1,554 11-23-2014, 07:40 AM
Last Post: madmike