HPI sprint 2 rwd?

15 Replies, 6932 Views

I just recently got a sprint 2 and I can't get used to the awd drifting. I drift a 1:1 car so I keep trying to incorporate those techniques into this but it's very different. I want to go rwd with this chassis but I've had people try to talk me out of it because of steering angle or oversteering. So has anyone here done the rwd conversion. If so what mods do you recommend, front engine? Anything for extra angle? And also what pulley do you run, right now I have a 18t rear pully with a locked diff. Thanks for the help guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard the having a front one way diff helps alot on the sprint 2
I'm currently working on one. Working on a few parts that should be available to help with the process in the coming months.
Photographer at Afro's RC follow us on Facebook, Instagram
HPI Sprint 2 2.7CS (in Progress)
HPI Sprint 2 4.5CS
Wrap-Up FR-D
(01-14-2016, 01:30 AM)hardcoreXL86 Wrote: I heard the having a front one way diff helps alot on the sprint 2

Kind of. Basically like an e-brake effect, just helps initiate a drift. Basically just keeps front wheels spinning at same rate and inside from spinning backwards during drift.
Some people find it helpful, others find it annoying.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
So I did a few things to add some angle and pulled my front axles while I was at it, also added weight to the front. now driving around my house (tile floor) feels like I'm driving on ice, I'm oversteering and understeering wayy to much, like I can barely drive in a straight line. Do rwd cars run more grippy tires than awd? Driving on this tile is almost impossible

Here's a few pics

Messed around with it today n got some more angle and got rid of binding issues. I need to get longer tierods to go any further. But still very over/under steer happy. Thinking about some grippier tires, possibly a gyro?? Any input guys???

A gyro will help you immensely. Most RWD drifters use a gyro to some extent. I know RWD guys use tires with more grip, so you could try that as well.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
So I just picked up a gyro and it is wayyy more controllable. I'd like to possibly turn down the throttle sensitivity and mabey get some softer tired. But it's much better, time to get some practice in

I own a Sprint 2 Sport that I've converted to an AWD drift car and it drifts so much easier than my AWD and RWD Sakura D4. Mine has an aluminum chassis, and some other hopups here and there. The set up is pretty much stock, though. It's a 50-50 but it slides so nicely.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
--Sean

HPI Sprint 2 Sport | 3Racing Sakura Zero S, Sakura D4 RWD & AWD | Turnigy SCT 2WD | BSR BZ-222