Intercooler for TT01 Type E help.

8 Replies, 4416 Views

Hello all,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I need to ask.

Looking to get an intercooler for my TT01D type E. I ordered a Tamiya touring car kit but it sits too high and when I put my Scion FR-S lid back on you can only see half of it. Couldn't use any other part of the kit so I exchanged it for lights.

I saw the aluminum ones on Integy but I don't see the mounts. Anyone out there in DM land that has experience with Integy or any other brands for a Scion FR-S/ GT 86 body?

Thank you in advance.
I'm using the HPI intercooler and mount for my HPI FR-S body and it fits fine. Just have to cut 2 relief slots in the foam bumper so that it can sit lower and line up in the air dam on the body right. I'll post a pic later if you want.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
Thank you for the tip. Photos would be a big help. Does the HPI intercooler extend beyond the mouth of the FRS?

Cheers.
not sure what you mean by the last sentence. I assume you mean does it fit in the opening top/bottom and side/side. if so, I have measured or done a final fitting as my FR-S body isn't finished yet. I do know I have to trime a couple mm off the backside of the bottom of the opening because it hits the intercooler, but other than that it fits good so far.
I cut down about 1/2 to 3/4 down through the foam for adjustability to fit different bodies. X-Acto knife cuts through like butter. Found that out after trying Dremel. lol

EDIT: ok, it won't let me attach an image for some reason. Sad
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2014, 11:12 PM by wareagle84.)
Sorry about that. That's exactly what I mean. The opening.

I would post a pic but my ifad does allow me to. Would be nice to see what you have so far. Not sure how large you photo is but DM has a size restriction. I noticed when I posted in the Introduction forum.

Cheers I appreciate the help.
When you get pics up, it's gonna help us figure out your issue. I have both kit HPI and Tamiya kits, but have yet to mount the tamiya one. I have the hpi mounted on my Eagle tt01 conversion with hpi frs
[Image: IMG_0278_zpsa5e300b5.jpg]

[Image: DSC08126_zpsf67d7bb4.jpg]
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
Hey lougc8,

Thank you for helping me out. I didn't realize that you are the same person that entered the October body of the month. Amazing work and I love the door/hood lines.

When I get my Tamiya touring car kit and found that it didn fit I took it back so I don't have pictures. I want to try the HPI version you recommended and see if it fits on the Tamiya. There is one on the Integy site I have my eye on too but I am not a fan of internet purchases.

What I can do is take pictures of my TT01D E without the body and with my tester body if that helps. My tester has the front cut out so you will be able to see how it sits.

Cheers.
go to tetsujin thier alu. coolers have 2 long pins that just stick into the foam bumper. and can be put at any position you want .
RC926 plus type c 2.2 cs
HPI sprint 2 50/50
HPI rs4 nitro
proD clone Sad