Jay's Sakura D3 Carbon Fibre CS thingy

21 Replies, 10430 Views

Sorry guys, my chassis is R31 16FM, I only posted the picture to show my cruddy spur Tongue
Lol. Ok. You got my hopes up for a sec
Also, I am running the electrics/spur/pinion that came with "The Devil" drift car. I figured I would just use them for a while and then upgrade but I don't get out with the car enough to justify anything better.
Best of the Best

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
(05-07-2015, 01:03 PM)Chickenman Wrote: Also, I am running the electrics/spur/pinion that came with "The Devil" drift car. I figured I would just use them for a while and then upgrade but I don't get out with the car enough to justify anything better.

Gotcha pal, that totally makes sense, nice looking set up there though... And the spur don't look cruddy lol Smile

Update on my D3, got the 20cm sensor cable installed and managed to mount my antenna wire safely... All running nicely now but yet to try it outdoors still.
I think I botched up the front bumper as I had to cut it to fit, and I think I positioned my front body posts wrong, they are in the second to outside holes... Think they should be in those outer most positions?
I'll know if it's wrong when I try mounting the stealth mounts on them soon hehe... Pics to follow.

Also fitted a centre belt tensioner that seems to make the centre belt tighter but not too tight Smile
Sakura D3
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2015, 07:25 PM by Jay.)
Looking good jay, and congrats to your first CS. Coming along nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One thing I found tht increased my enjoyment immensely was...

Making sure I stayed away from asphalt and rough concrete.

Honestly nothing more frustrating than burning up tyres like they butter. I found a nice smooth carpark similar to our garage and now my tyres last a lot longer and I aint on that "waiting a month for parts from china" train.
lol that's true.... Surface is very important! We all wait for China hehe!
Also I recently found out these D3 tyres have flints in them that will spark as they contact the grind when wheel spinning... Can't wait to film that for sure just too damn busy to play at the moment... It's all ready to run topleds just gotta make up the shell now Smile
Sakura D3
Waiting too

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Figured out a McGyver method to mount the antenna wire..... involving some lightweight washers and super glue.... now it is secure in place!
[Image: qdtcvDR.jpg]
[Image: QfuJSJu.jpg]

Next I tried messing around with the Stealth Mounts... I see how they work and like them... will see if they suit my chosen shell
[Image: YEpUOFR.jpg]
[Image: ZbGyvNO.jpg]

Bodyshell of choice for a practice is a HPI Mazda RX7.. always liked this car and never owned one.. until now hehe... masking up - notice it comes with light buckets?
I never fitted light buckets so was curious as they always looked so damn scale and cool...
[Image: UiHtXnz.jpg]
[Image: FDeJT8M.jpg]
[Image: iDPjDmK.jpg]
[Image: n7lF2xp.jpg]

So here are the masked off lights ready to put the light buckets behind... the pics can explain it better... I painted the buckets chrome..
[Image: ctHmvjI.jpg]
[Image: 8BLsREZ.jpg]
[Image: sexdR6z.jpg]
[Image: Kln15Zi.jpg]

[Image: iJUHWUA.jpg]
[Image: htk7Bme.jpg]

Lights installed into buckets
[Image: 2YmvGUo.jpg]
[Image: Ocuj6UV.jpg]

All installed
[Image: pBh7TPr.jpg]
[Image: Ikdfkkq.jpg]
[Image: yNj1lUc.jpg]

And some Drift decals to tidy up the plain shell
[Image: zeI76gO.jpg]
[Image: yqyof8X.jpg]
[Image: hnl8Noq.jpg]
[Image: xyRQlyD.jpg]

That's it for now...... but coming along nicely..... maybe next weekend I'll get to film it outside doing it's thing.... sideways ;p
Sakura D3