Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just another new guy.
Hello!

I've been getting into RC like crazy lately, I bought a mini crawler, a slash 4x4, a 1/24 little trophy truck, and now I want a drift car! haha

I've got a tamiya tt02D with a nice Supra body in my shopping cart,  and i'm browsing available wheels for it. But i was wondering.

Plastic or Metal wheels? I was figuring, plastic for light weight, and fast wheels, but then.. maybe the heavier metal ones would provide helpful inertia? 
What do you think?
most definitely plastic. Drifting is something where you want to be as light as possible. adding weight to the wheels will increase traction which isn't what you want in drifting, especially if you're running on an awd chassis. I have tried metal wheels and even though they look super scale they really don't perform well drifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-26-2017, 04:13 PM)santafe17 Wrote:  Hello!

I've been getting into RC like crazy lately, I bought a mini crawler, a slash 4x4, a 1/24 little trophy truck, and now I want a drift car! haha

I've got a tamiya tt02D with a nice Supra body in my shopping cart,  and i'm browsing available wheels for it. But i was wondering.

Sounds like you got into this like I did. After a 20 some year layoff from RCing last March I bought a crawler, then some Slashes, then some 1/25 scale for winter and now I just picked up a used drift car. I think at last count I had somewhere around 20 RC vehicles.

BTW Welcome to the forums
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd