Knocking sound on D3 after installing 10.5T Brushless Motor

4 Replies, 1898 Views

Hi Guys,

i have my d3 for almost 6 months now and everything was running fine on stock chassis  with both rear V2 and center belt tensioner and a Tamiya GT tuned Motor with 18-80T gears, but now after upgrading to a Tamiya 10.5T brushless motor, every time i hit throttle i hear a knocking/slamming sound, also after the first knock on throttle up, when breaking it gives the same knocking/slaming sound, i've checked everything but cant seem to find whats wrong on it its not wheel chatter as im running rwd.

the only thing i have changed on the setup is the motor.

so guys any help would be much appreciated
Did u mesh the spurgear correctly when bolting new motor in?
[Image: MRCsig.gif]
@Tamiya

Yes i did mesh the gear properly, used the paper trick, but still it gives that knocking sound on throttle and during break, do you think the Tamiya 10.5t brushless motor is too much for the kit?
Run the motor without the pinion. If you still hear it, then start looking at the motor itself. Also, check your diff output cups. The Dogbones may have worn the cups, increasing the amount of play when transitioning on/off power.
MST MS-01D VIP II
Speed Passion Reventon PRO 1.1
Speed Passion 13.5t v3.0 MMM
Savox SG-1258TG
Airtronics MT4 w/ TX-461
@ seegee911,

Man i doubt its the motor as its new and i bench test it off of the chassis and it works fine,
Diff out cups are perfect, no worn or bent on it, i moved back to the tamiya tuned motor which has a lower rpm and everything works fine on full throttle and stop. I cant seems to figure this one out but does the chassis cant be able to handle high kv motor on sudden full throttle and breaking or even the bando belts skips on high rpm motors at start?
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2015, 08:56 AM by Suimasen.)