Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Koyosho Alpha2 build
Hey guys just purchased a Koyosho Alpha2 AWD, cant seem to find anyone who has built one and cant seem to find upgraded parts
off other RC's would fit with some adjustments.

also wondering what motor, servo, esc and controller to use for a basic learner drifter.

I have attached a few pics of my rig so far everything is standard for now.

Cheers, Dylan

Attached Files
.jpg   d1.jpg (Size: 24.34 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   d2.jpg (Size: 29.95 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg   d4.jpg (Size: 27.05 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg   d6.jpg (Size: 33.52 KB / Downloads: 15)
(03-28-2017, 02:17 AM)donkson Wrote:  Hey guys just purchased a Koyosho Alpha2 AWD, cant seem to find anyone who has built one and cant seem to find upgraded parts
off other RC's would fit with some adjustments.

also wondering what motor, servo, esc and controller to use for a basic learner drifter.

I have attached a few pics of my rig so far everything is standard for now.

Cheers, Dylan

Suggest leaving it standard, if you are going down the drifting road. Wouldn't invest too much in it.

You can try rcmart for parts.

For awd : you can use any motor up to 6.5t. ( 9t to 6.5t)

If you have access to a cheap ESC go for it. I would look for tsky 120a. It's a clone ESC but works good. It's not waterproof.

For awd, not much precision required. Unless your going down the cs road. So any controller will do.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
Isn't Alpha 2 is nitro car? This is the Kyosho Fazer EP. I know because there's one in my local shop and I look at it every time I go there.

Just lock the rear diff, put drift tyres on it and go for a ride. You don't have much upgrade with this chassis.
A few things you can do here are first changing servo for a high speed one, second is upgrade it to brushless system which I think it's not necessary if the current motor is powerful enough to pull a slide.
Thanks for your replies guys. Dropped into the local hobby shop this arvo and spoke to one of the fellas there that drifts.
He said he started off with an awd but decided to go with the rwd for drifting. I'm not liking the stranded servo, it's slow and has no power to turn the wheels so I'm going to sort that out first.
Brought some new wheels and drift tyres today, seems to go well but just need more steering lock.
Going to your local club is the best thing to do at the start to check what other people are running.
Savox 1251MG is a good servo to upgrade but it's expensive. There're cheap and cheerful options like JX Servo PDI-6208MG for full size and some bluebird servos.
Steering lock... you'll have to figure out the mod yourself. But the first thing you should do is replace dogbone for CVD.