Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamborghini Gallardo Body on Yokomo Type C
Here is a pic of the new Lambo body on my Type C drift package build that I featured in another section. Used neon blue cuz Lambo's are popular in neon colors like yellow, green and blue. MST RID wheels+5 offset and MST Medium slick drift tires finish it off. Left off a lot of decals cuz they were kind of cheesy looking, just used enough to give a classy appearance, I hope.
Hope you like it.

Attached Files
.jpg   photo.JPG (Size: 130.33 KB / Downloads: 58)
.jpg   photo (2).JPG (Size: 127.6 KB / Downloads: 48)
Nice blue, Did you paint it yourself?
Very nice, it's always cool to see something different than the usual that's done very well.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Current Chassis:Team Magic E4-FS, Team Magic E4D-MF Pro
Thanks guys. I painted it with Tamiya bright blue using just one coat of clear cuz I thought I had a full can but it was near empty. I was actually surprised at how bright and glossy it came out. I think its partly due to the plastic used for the body. It was quite a crystal clear looking before painting. Body is from R2hobbies, only about 23 bucks, comes with clear light buckets.
Are you going to put decals and a rear spoiler? Maybe change the rims?
The only thing left is a little trimming of the wheelwells, but no spoiler until I get a low rise one. I have a few sitting around but they are all high rise type and I need a low narrow mounting type to look realistic. No more decals or wheels as I'm going for a look that shows a stock Lamborghini drifting, not a drift modified car. My collection is half "classy" looking stock cars and half full blown race cars. It keeps making me laugh but I've had a few people ask me where I got a Ferrari 365 GT coupe body for my TT01D, and its just a Datsun 240 coupe I painted the same dark metallic blue pearl. I just posted pics of my Yokomo AE86 in another thread done as a "stock" looking coupe, minus the decals and spoiler and I think it looks amazing, and I have the same body done in whitewash all the decals to compare to and the blue one looks better in my opinion.
I plan to use a 240z as my first drift car. Not sure yet. I am am also considering the M5 or maybe and LFA. I had a 240z in real life years ago.

We shall see.

I like that you are keeping it clean and simple.
I love the LFA‘s style but I think it would have to be white to be able to see any body detail or definition when you are driving it, that's why I didn't go for it, don't want any more white cars. The 240Z looks great drifting. It was a video on this site with a silver 240Z that inspired that body choice.
I agree about the LFA in white. I like the matte paint jobs more than glossy now a days. The 240z body I do want it to be flared out, however I do not know how to do that or where to get a flare kit yet. If I did do and LFA, I would make my LFA a radical color like matte orange/grey/blue

I like the new Toyota BRX/86 thing that was posted earlier.
http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-yok...gt-86-body
Go to banzaihobby.com, there are 2-3 flared 240Z/Fairly bodies. ABC hobby makes 2 different ones and I'm sure there is another from a different manufacturer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gallardo lexury 13 4,612 02-25-2014, 02:20 AM
Last Post: foku5