Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lipo connected into esc wrong!
Warning 
OMG EVERYONE, i just plugged my 7.4v lipo into my stock mst esc and something started smoking! I have an ms-01d drift car and the car isn't even turning on! I have nothing upgraded on the car except having a 7.2v nicd battery. It is a 5000mah venom battery. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I'M VERY WORRIED!!!!!! 
Thanks for the help 
='(
(12-14-2017, 05:30 PM)RC DRIFTER1738 Wrote:  OMG EVERYONE, i just plugged my 7.4v lipo into my stock mst esc and something started smoking! I have an ms-01d drift car and the car isn't even turning on! I have nothing upgraded on the car except having a 7.2v nicd battery. It is a 5000mah venom battery. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I'M VERY WORRIED!!!!!! 
Thanks for the help 
='(

Plugging your battery backward will fry your ESC if it doesn't have a reverse polarity protection. 
The basic MST one does not have on I believe so that may explain why it's not turning on. 
I suggest you do the following:
1- make sure you lipo is not puffed up ( this happens sometime when plugging the battery backward because of internal shorts)
2- go to your local hobby shop and check out what they can offer you as replacement for brushless ESC. 
I can recommend you a few brands like SkyRC, YeahRacing, Hobbywing, TeamPowers, etc but they will all be online.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
Everytime I have done that the esc was fried. Doesn't take but a second. I have become a big fan of Hobbywing esc's there are others but that has become my favorite. Reliable, smooth & a decent price.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

Hi guys,
I just checked this and thanks so much for replying back to me. Oh my plan was to go to my local hobby store tomorrow after Christmas. My esc was smoking I believe too. Is there any upgrades I should do to increase my angle that are cheap?? I bought this drift car used for $120 LOL.
Thanks and Merry Christmas guys
Any luck with a new ESC?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brushless motor running the wrong way !!! 02martina 3 1,097 12-06-2015, 05:07 AM
Last Post: glenyboy
  My motor is turning the wrong way L3gTxDomo 12 3,701 10-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Last Post: L3gTxDomo
  can I cut a soldered wire thats connected to the motor? Frias65 2 1,253 05-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Tizer