Looking for chassis setup #2

11 Replies, 7018 Views

Hello everyone. My sakura D3 is done and I am not looking for another chassis to build. I would like your input on what my second chassis should be taking in consideration for:

1. I would like a rwd setup
2. Great hop ups availability and options (colors, etc)
3. Good quality.

With this kit, I will take my time in building it.

Thank you all

Sent from my Nexus 6 using DriftMission.com
(05-14-2015, 08:47 PM)jwyant Wrote: Hello everyone.  My sakura D3 is done and I am not looking for another chassis to build.  I would like your input on what my second chassis should be taking in consideration for:

1.  I would like a rwd setup
2.  Great hop ups availability and options (colors, etc)
3.  Good quality.  

With this kit, I will take my time in building it.

Thank you all

Sent from my Nexus 6 using DriftMission.com

Bump......no one??
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2015, 06:11 PM by jwyant.)
I bought an MST FXX D S after the D3.

If only for something with a longer name Tongue
[Image: MRCsig.gif]
Looks very nice. What upgrades are essential to get the MST up to good driving capabilities? Steering, etc?
In my opinion any thing MST...or OVERDOSE if you make a lot of money haha.
OVERDOSE Vacula Black Edition RWD
TRF TA05 VDFI RWD
Tamiya TT01-E BOK SPEC CS1.76
(05-18-2015, 04:00 PM)jwyant Wrote: Looks very nice.  What upgrades are essential to get the MST up to good driving capabilities?  Steering, etc?

err... Sick no idea! It's still unbuilt in its box Angel it arrived last winter just before I had to jet off overseas, so got pushed aside forgotten. Only just dug it out again last week for a peek whilst hunting for missing D3 hopups.

Shortly after that I also acquired a Yok DIB RS :^^: which is (at least!) been assembled but I found issues with belt being too tight so haven't put ekectrics in yet

Bit after that got distracted by building an M06 into a std width RWD with SWB... yup, that's not finished either :=L:

My usual runners are fleet of VDFs and pair of TA06s. VDF2s acquired but still WiP, it's got upgrades already before barely gotten motor combo put in haha.
Do you like to TA06?
(05-19-2015, 04:23 PM)jwyant Wrote: Do you like to TA06?

It is a very neutral, well balanced car - good for smooth flowing track IMHO.

Whereas the VDFs are better for tighter layout with faster transitions.

TA06's hybrid geared rear vs belt front is interesting. Currently have one CS'd with Overdose rack running gear diff upfront with oneway pulley. Other one is kept 50:50 constant drive.

In some ways they are mirror to the TA03 drivetrain design. Got a few of those on the go too, from a CF 03F to a twin motor beast that weighs a tonne. Front motor design that was aped by D3 Sakura.
Nice, Im looking for a 50/50 setup for my kids to play around with. Maybe then turn it into a CS as they progress.
nah the TA06 ain't that good as a feckless basher IMHO... it's borderline fragile due to racing design. There are a lot of tiny finicky details that need looking after, And the battery is hard to access. My running pair is Pro spec; I did get paws on a base spec kit (when GT86 came out, just for shell) but moved it on even before it landed.

If buying new they'll be better off with a TB04 or TT02 perhaps.

Or... been thinking of building the 3rd D3 into 50:50.
(heck, #2 ain't even running yet Sad )