looking for new electronics

4 Replies, 1661 Views

Thinking about upgrading my electronics. First is there any big differences between the mt-s and the mt4-s?

I found this deal on RCmart. I just think its to cheap of a deal so there must be something wrong. 

http://www.rcmart.com/sanwa-radio-super-...Path=36_47

Would it be a good setup?
MT4-S is a 3 to 4 channel radio while the MT-S is only 2 channel..if you're gonna be running accessories like lights or another servo(for flip lights) I'd go with MT4-S but if you wanna keep it simple or if you just want to run period then I'd go with an MT-S
Midwest Slidewayz RC drift club

Chicagoland Toys and Hobbies
Hikotech Bianca
Eagle Racing Drift Fleet
Speed Passion USA
Futaba
Savox
(05-29-2016, 05:39 PM)DriftTRF Wrote: MT4-S is a 3 to 4 channel radio while the MT-S is only 2 channel..if you're gonna be running accessories like lights or another servo(for flip lights) I'd go with MT4-S but if you wanna keep it simple or if you just want to run period then I'd go with an MT-S

That statement is false.

The MT-S and MT4-S are both 4 Channels.
I own both and I can tell you if you're upgrading a cheaper system, there is no need to go for an MT4-S. 
The only advantage the MT4 has over the MTS is the steering feels a bit smoother, the grip is interchangeable, and you have a dial and lever trim. 
But the MT-S is more intuitive especially if you own the Sanwa SV type D esc. 
Sanwa upgraded their software with an automated setup wizard that will set the radio for you from the get go. The MT4 doesn't have that. 
I originally bought the MT-S for my wife and now I'm kinda jealous of some features the MTS has. 
I still love my MT4 but the MTS is really close behind. I bought mine on RCmart as well with free shipping with two Rx482 receivers.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
(05-31-2016, 08:56 PM)Tiger.T Wrote:
(05-29-2016, 05:39 PM)DriftTRF Wrote: MT4-S is a 3 to 4 channel radio while the MT-S is only 2 channel..if you're gonna be running accessories like lights or another servo(for flip lights) I'd go with MT4-S but if you wanna keep it simple or if you just want to run period then I'd go with an MT-S

That statement is false.

I own both and I can tell you if you're upgrading a cheaper system, there is no need to go for an MT4-S. 
The only advantage the MT4 has over the MTS is the steering feels a bit smoother, the grip is interchangeable, and you have a dial and lever trim. 
Sanwa upgraded their software with an automated setup wizard that will set the radio for you from the get go. The MT4 doesn't have that. 
I originally bought the MT-S for my wife and now I'm kinda jealous of some features the MTS has. 
I still love my MT4 but the MTS is really close behind. I bought mine on RCmart as well with free shipping with two Rx482 receivers.

Good to see another Broward local on here!

Thanks for the insight on the remotes.
(06-01-2016, 12:33 PM)chikoe Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 08:56 PM)Tiger.T Wrote:

That statement is false.

Good to see another Broward local on here!

Thanks for the insight on the remotes.

Nice!
Didn't even paid attention to your location.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.