Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Matte color body paint?
Anyone know how to achieve this?
Besides painting the outside of the body I'm not sure it's possible the lexan is glossy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuToUlGpR0E
Yeah I saw that from youtube, will try to paint from outside and give a flat coat after
Back the body with copper paint and the bumpers etc with grey, so when it scratches it looks like primer or rust
You could also put a couple coat of flat clear on the outside after pulling off the over spray film. I'm gonna try putting it down on the inside first with some extra lean to see if that does the trick.

Trane
Spray it as you usually would on the inside. Then use Tamiya PS-55 on the outside where you want it matte.
[Image: 1.jpg]
Yeah heard about plastidip also can make it looks matte too
I suppose the good thing about plastidip is that if it starts looking bad, you can peel it off.
I know this is an older post but thought I would add a photo of the Tamiya PS55 flat clear coat.

The process I used was to Paint the inside of the shell with regular Tamiya PS black paint.  Came out to a nice glossy finish as expected.  Then masked the windows on the outside and sprayed the PS55 on the outside of the body.  The quality of the flat finish is really nice and based on the number of items I hit while learning how to drift can take a real beating.
[Image: car2_zpswg5tpi87.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Image Yokomo S15 Top Secret Paint Color Phrozius 2 322 01-21-2017, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Phrozius
  How do you dry off the water on the rc body after you wash it before you paint? GELMYHAIR 13 2,408 08-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Super0dp
  Flat or matte colors. JonSakuraD3 20 4,340 08-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Last Post: ticross
  BMW Marrakesh Brown + Question regarding car paint on body shells foku5 3 1,033 07-29-2014, 12:41 AM
Last Post: foku5
  Can anyone help me match this paint color? JustSiDEwayZ 7 2,943 05-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Last Post: JustSiDEwayZ