Max Speed Technology XXX-D VIP

202 Replies, 58541 Views

so you had to pay more as the price of shipping is around 4000JPY
I see now you get about $20 discount aswell
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013, 03:01 AM by pickled.)
wait you are correct, add 722jpy for the arbor, i had him add that after the online order because it wasn't listed on the site
so 54445jpy total,

yeah, after i checked out i received an additional discount, forgot the exact ammount (about 28)
either way we both got killer deals, i was quoted at 710cad for the vip, front alum knuckles, 1 set of gears and the arbor, saved 150 easy, (pretty much paid my motor/esc)
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013, 03:22 AM by kidastra.)
lol yeah I'm looking into getting a keyence ESC which is over 200 bucks just for the aesthetics lol and a Tekin redline 13.5T to keep with the red and black theme
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013, 06:33 AM by pickled.)
holy crap, i just went the hobbywing route, im gonna try painting my motor can to black from the tacon green. also one of the post mentioned 13.5t motor felt sluggish, im going with an 8.5t to start off
is anyone having frequent repairs? or maintenance?
what parts do you guys want to see in the states frequently?
i know chiefy broke his turnbuckles twice, I never broke mine, though I replaced all of them with titanium.
[Image: KC_zpsd2cfde5e.jpg]
can you get titanium MST turnbuckles or did you use some from another manufacturer
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013, 09:39 PM by pickled.)
I found I had 3x20 Lunsford titanium turnbuckles in one of my parts cases.  I now laugh in the face of breakage!  I've also recently installed the rear diffuser to act as a rear bumper.  Other than the aluminum turnbuckles being pretty soft, the car holds up very well.  I do worry about the tight clearance around the spur gear cutout in the chassis plate.  One wrong pebble or screw from hell will have you yelling, "dafuq!"  Knock on wood but hasn't happened to me yet.
Antinnous, parts I would like to see all XXX parts more readily available in the states.  You just never know what may break.  Driving @ Sheldon's Hobbies you run the risk of some idiot driving a Xceed rental car not giving a fuck about your $1200 bling mobile.  Realisticallly though, maybe more of the wear and tear type parts like suspension.

I run my car with a 13.5 but with my Reventon Pro set on the drift profile. (Timing is advanced to 18.75 and DRRS @ 5.) I have no problem at all keeping pace with a 30t pinion.  If you guys are trying to get solid electronics at a great price, you can't beat $160 for a Reventon Pro with a motor.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
I could go the reventon way but I want a colour matching ESC lol
[Image: Keyence-Tachyon-AIRIA-ESC-2.jpg]
Haven't received mine yet, but wear and tear items are a must. Like to see there wheels too! I'd like to know the part # of the titanium turnbuckles!!
Pickled that esc will look sick with your telling motor!
Chiefy what exactly does drift mode do, and I thought I read the 13.5 felt sluggish. I'm going with a 60amp xerun, and 8.5t tacon motor (not sure about this combo yet)
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013, 11:29 PM by kidastra.)
(03-15-2013, 11:26 PM)kidastra Wrote: Haven't received mine yet, but wear and tear items are a must. Like to see there wheels too! I'd like to know the part # of the titanium turnbuckles!!
Pickled that esc will look sick with your telling motor!
Chiefy what exactly does drift mode do, and I thought I read the 13.5 felt sluggish. I'm going with a 60amp xerun, and 8.5t tacon motor (not sure about this combo yet)

How'd I forget!!! Wheels and tires especially!

When I first started driving my car, I was chasing everything that affects speed to get more of it except the one thing that puts the power to the ground: Tires. Yeah my dumbass was changing and adjusting everything but the tires. They just didn't work on my track! I'm just so used to putting in a battery and driving my car right away I never really gave my tires much thought since I always l learn to drive to the traction level.

Man, had I knew about RC-Art when I was building up my XXX I definitely would've had a Keyence setup in my car! I've always wanted to try one.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.