Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me omg servo getting over heat ..why ??
Hi . I hot the omg servo low profile . Really cool . But when I drive after a while I check it . Its so hot I cannot even touch for 3 second .. why ??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using DriftMission.com, powered by appyet.com
What esc Are you running. You may need to look into getting a BEC.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
What radio are you using.

And are your endpoints correctly set...
[Image: MRCsig.gif]
I don't own this particular brand but I would also make sure the end points are set correctly and it's not binding on full left or right. If it's trying to push past the physical limits of the steering system it could be binding and overheating.
See my Savox gets hot, and I have my end points set correctly AND an external BEC AND a capacitor. I notice that I am steering and reacting a lot so I just figure it's hot because it's moving a lot.

See I wouldn't worry about it unless the servo gets over the 160 range. Get a IR temp gun from a hardware store for cheap, and get into the habit of checking motor temps, ESC temps and Servo temps about every 15-20 min. If the motor is below 160, ESC below 130 and servo below 160 after several checks, then I would back off and check it every hour or so. Mine runs consistent and cool so I check it after every battery pack which is about 90min.
When In doubt, Throttle Out!!!
OTA-R31 w/ Flux Capacitor
What model RC OMG servo do you have?

And like it has been said before, make sure your endpoints are set correctly. If the servo keeps pushing when the chassis is on full lock already you might break the servo.
Also check if any of the steering components are binding, causing the steering to tighten up.
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
Sounds like the screw on the servo arm might be too tight and/ or like others have said the steering is binding somewhere. Check to see if any screws are over-tightened within the steering rack, especially where the ball bearings are. Also check your ball studs and cups in the steering assembly to see if they are binding. The servo is supposed to be warm due to constant input but it should not be too hot to touch.
We ask a lot of servos in a rwd chassis. The knuckles connection point requires more force to turn, to get that high lock. The wipers are extended to increase the steering throw which puts more work on the servo. Things you can do to increase leverage for the servo the better. Extending the servo connection point on the wiper, and using a shorter servo arm can ease the struggle your servo is going through.
[Image: smalleroneTENlogocfedit.jpg]
Promoting radio controlled drifting to the masses since 2009
(06-27-2014, 08:39 AM)JustSiDEwayZ Wrote:  We ask a lot of servos in a rwd chassis. The knuckles connection point requires more force to turn, to get that high lock. The wipers are extended to increase the steering throw which puts more work on the servo.  Things you can do to increase leverage for the servo the better. Extending the servo connection point on the wiper, and using a shorter servo arm can ease the struggle your servo is going through.

Signed up and became a member just to say thank you this helped alot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Packin Heat? GreenSlider502 4 1,546 08-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Last Post: GreenSlider502
  How to mount hobbywing ESC heat sink? Exita 13 4,263 01-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Exita