Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOD19RC Usukani D4 Chassis
Here are some shots of my D4 build in it's current state. It is heading towards being a full option build using mainly Usukani parts.  Currently I am using a Carbon Chassis Option set in black, front Y-arms, knuckles, and rear tube turnbuckles.  I will be adding more Usukani parts as they are released along with 3 Racing option parts.  Here are some shots before electronics...

[Image: IMG_2597_zpsrk2yhp0r.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2598_zpsn9owgxou.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2614_zpspexbxbea.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2613_zpsmxm9slof.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2609_zpskrpd77ho.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2601_zpslrusy4ob.jpg]

There is a full gallery on my blog, and you can follow along with the build there as well.  I will keep this thread updated as new mods get done.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

Visit my blog: Mod19 RC
IG: @RexRacer19

[Image: IMG_2485c_zpsnoqm5qqh.jpg]
Looking good man. Are you gonna try 3racings gear setup or usukani. Both look awesome.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Yokomo DP - RWD | Instagram: Hobby_Monster
great looking build, been following your' blog.can you give me any help on where to buy usukani parts? I've tried their fb page, and their list of vendors, but am having no luck soo far.keep us updated on those mods. looking forward to more.
(12-06-2015, 04:52 AM)idroppedthegrenade Wrote:  Looking good man. Are you gonna try 3racings gear setup or usukani. Both look awesome.  

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Thanks.  I will be using Usukani's gear setup.  I am pretty sure it will be in the market before 3 Racing.  Plus, I like the Usukani design better.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

(12-06-2015, 08:15 AM)flatfoot Wrote:  great looking build, been following your' blog.can you give me any help on where to buy usukani parts? I've tried their fb page, and their list of vendors, but am having no luck soo far.keep us updated on those mods. looking forward to more.

Thank you.  In the US, you can message Randy Beard on FB.  Rare Arts is a US distributor and I know he has some stock.  I think that the Oversliders guys may have a few things from them as well.  I think that Usukani has been marketing aggressively, and the demand is higher than supply currently.  I am sure that will change over time as they get their feet on the ground.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

thanks for the info.yes, no doubt it will take them a bit to get up to speed.especially with all the new parts they're churning out, and with the popularity of the d4 now.thanks again.
Current state of my D4 Chassis.

Recently I did a nice damper build using TRF parts and M's products.  I upgraded to the 3 Racing factory aluminum steering, changed to stainless steel screws, and switched to the D-Like premium gyro.  I really like the way the car works right now, but plan to keep working on it.  I'm looking forward to the new Usukani parts that will be released soon.

[Image: IMG_2684_zps9qzzw88n.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2685_zpssnawy96o.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2689_zpswucgn0mt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2688_zps9joxwlcu.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2686_zps0dkshdip.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2680_zpsdtaflgih.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2690_zpsjz6ifo6g.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2683_zpsyn8wfej3.jpg]

More pics and details on my blog:  http://mod19rc.blogspot.com/2015/12/sakura-d4-new-dampers-aluminum-parts.html#more
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

What is the length on your rear turnbuckles? I would like to change most of the turnbuckles on my D4 to this type of turnbuckles. just not sure the lengths that would work.
They are the longest that Usukani makes. 39mm
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

(01-12-2016, 09:40 AM)RexRacer19 Wrote:  They are the longest that Usukani makes.  39mm

Thanks! How do they work? if you can explain it a bit. thanks!