MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
motor for drifter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
motor for drifter
oh thank you bro
im gonna get sensored
In SG, commonly used sensored brushless motor is 7.5, 8.5, 9.5 and 10.5. of course there are some on 12.5, 13.5, 17.5.....
well i had tried many and i would say i prefer a 9.5 - 11.5 motor
[Image: 21A8ED9C-2141-462F-85F2-17A086E3300B-943...602741.jpg]
sensored is the way to go fo sho. i run 13.5 and 10.5 depending on how fast people in my area are running
I  just got into drifting purchased a excellent used TT01e drifter the car came with many chassis upgrades but has factory motor and esc. now i been looking and curious to know if the Novac drift spec combo 13.5 is a good  motor combo upgrade? and does anyone have any experience with the turnigy trackstar series of motors and esc's and are they a decent  drift combo for newbs ?like me?
(12-29-2012, 05:12 PM)toefurkeybasher Wrote:  I  just got into drifting purchased a excellent used TT01e drifter the car came with many chassis upgrades but has factory motor and esc. now i been looking and curious to know if the Novac drift spec combo 13.5 is a good  motor combo upgrade? and does anyone have any experience with the turnigy trackstar series of motors and esc's and are they a decent  drift combo for newbs ?like me?

when active hobby gets there CS gears back in stock you might want to grab a set for the TT-01 I left them my email address and when they came back in stock they notified me I bought a set of 2.0 gears the next day they where sold out of both. this chassis definitely needs an FOW if you don't already have one, but you need to do serious mods to the steering to get a decent angle out of them
(12-29-2012, 06:18 PM)pickled Wrote:  
(12-29-2012, 05:12 PM)toefurkeybasher Wrote:  I  just got into drifting purchased a excellent used TT01e drifter the car came with many chassis upgrades but has factory motor and esc. now i been looking and curious to know if the Novac drift spec combo 13.5 is a good  motor combo upgrade? and does anyone have any experience with the turnigy trackstar series of motors and esc's and are they a decent  drift combo for newbs ?like me?

when active hobby gets there CS gears back in stock you might want to grab a set for the TT-01 I left them my email address and when they came back in stock they notified me I bought a set of 2.0 gears the next day they where sold out of both. this chassis definitely needs an FOW if you don't already have one, but you need to do serious mods to the steering to get a decent angle out of them

wow thanks so much for advice and even more thanks for the answer to the next couple questions you just brought to me. sorry some humor there. this is what comes in the chassis not sure if this is stock or upgraded but here the list he suppliedMetal Bearing Set
3Racing CVDs
3Racing One-way
3Racing Spool
3Racing Heatsink w/ Fan
Tamiya Driveshaft w/ Propellers
Tamiya Motor Mount
Yeah Racing Front Knuckles
Yeah Racing Rear Hubs
Yeah Racing Arm Supports
Yeah Racing Steering Assembly
Stock Motor
Stock ESC
Hitec HS-311 Servo
Flysky GT3B 2.4ghz Radio system w/ Receiver
BMW body not shown but included
PVC Drift Type Tires w/ 3 Full Spare Sets not shown but included
now my question is what is a FOW?
and these CS gears the 2.0 are they better; why for this model?
Man i have alot to learn about my whip B4 i should even power it up. lol
this is an awesome site to learn from
ty for your time. here is a pic of the chassis

[attachment=183] [attachment=184]
you have one  already, the front one way. atm your running 50/50 Cs is just where the rear wheels are over driven and the ratio is the number like I stated CS 2.0 means the front wheels turn once as the back wheels turn twice. do the front arms have the big tabs on them that impede the steering? if they do grind those off where they get in the way the stock steering angle of a TT-01 is 25* you can get it up to 45* by grinding those tabs off. These are a good basic beginners chassis but you can end up throwing a lot of cash at it when you can just buy another cheap  purpose made chassis for this application.

My stripped TT-01ED (I stripped it to rebuild another I gave away as a Christmas present)
[Image: sam1733t.jpg][Image: sany0007z.jpg]
this is the original shell I did for this chassis
Cool thanks again for the info. haven't gotten car in my possession yet still in transit. but when i do at end of week will be sure to check on the steering and if he hasn't already trimmed those tabs down then I will be sure to do so. And yes i do agree this is a wonderful chassis for me to begin with and yes again to the added expense to up grade this tt01e to full drift spec. have been checking out roller chassis kits and in the future i mite just keep this tt01e the way it comes and use for practicing my skillz and go with a fresh roller chassis and build me a whip from the ground up any suggestions for a good roller chassis to start from?
back to topic there are loads of good deals over at rcMart like this hobbywing xerun esc and 8.5T yeah racing hackmoto combo, or this speed passion reventon esc and 8.5T V3 comp motor. There's also this speed passion reventon esc and 10.5T MMM comp motor  and this speed passion reventon esc and 13.5T yeah racing hackmoto motor
For steering, in addition to grinding down the tabs, Check this out
http://one10drift.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2095

and this
http://rc-drift.com/rc-drift-forum/index...pic=8777.0

I myself Just finished doing my own mod about 10 mins ago. lol. I'll post it up tomorrow

And Earlier in this thread someone said for brushed go, 21-26. I beg to differ. 26T is HIGHLY underpowered. And I was running ABS tires with standard Ni-CD. Maybe with li-po it's better? but when I found that it should be atleast under 19T. I was running 12T 550type motor and it did some decent drifts