Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving to Lipo
Hi Guys,

This is my 2nd post here and it is clearly that I am new to this DRIFT hobby and I am loving it.

So I have the following electrics in my Drift RC Beginners Drift Chassis (The Exceed RC Drift Star)

1-     3300 KV Brushless Motor

2-     Brushless ESC 45 amp

3-     8.4 V 3000 MAH NIMH battery

I want to switch to Lipo but I need some technical help here please. I really cannot decide which discharge rate to go with. I am thinking of 2S 5000 MAH with 30C discharge rate Lipo Battery? What do you think? 

Your help is much appreciated guys.
(04-18-2017, 07:12 AM)me_as3ad Wrote:  Hi Guys,

This is my 2nd post here and it is clearly that I am new to this DRIFT hobby and I am loving it.

So I have the following electrics in my Drift RC Beginners Drift Chassis (The Exceed RC Drift Star)

1-     3300 KV Brushless Motor

2-     Brushless ESC 45 amp

3-     8.4 V 3000 MAH NIMH battery

I want to switch to Lipo but I need some technical help here please. I really cannot decide which discharge rate to go with. I am thinking of 2S 5000 MAH with 30C discharge rate Lipo Battery? What do you think? 

Your help is much appreciated guys.
Go for 60c and above.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
Thank you (littlemonsta) Team Magic. It seems that you are really familiar with this. Your answer was direct to the point.

I thought that Lower C rate is better for my setup? I really don't understand how to calculate the proper C rate, I went through many videos and articles and still I cannot comprehend the info :)

Can you explain to me please how such a decision can be made ?

Thanks again.
This is my opinion but this is for rwd. Higher ç has more power. There is nothing wrong with a 30c battery, I consider a 1-2 year investment. So if you see yourself there in 2 years you might have gotten a new car by then. And you can still enjoy a good battery.

Your setup ? It's stock ? Just double check your ESC for lipo support. I don't know specs in rtr.

4wd , more power doesn't matter. The higher the better. So why go for lower discharge ?

Well its the Car's setup since it is RTR. I might try to build my first setup in the next couple of months. i am thinking of 3Racing Sakura D4 RWD, Do u think i shall use the 60c battery for this in the future?

What is worrying me is that the motor and the esc will not be damaged with the 60C?

All what I know for the ESC is that it's brushless and can add a lipo battery to it and its a 45amp.

Thanks
I don't think discharge rate will kill the ESC. It's the voltage that will kill it.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car sometimes needs a push to start moving? Frias65 7 1,541 04-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Chiefy707