Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MR4 #Gyroless
Since the gyro-chassis runs pretty solid by now here is the next challenge. - Gyroless 2wd drifting.

Let ´s see where that will lead? - For sure to a better setup for the gyro assisted chassis and more skills at the remote. :D

To be able to transfer the setup and spare parts I chose another Yokomo MR4-TC chassis. This time in silver.

The approach for the setup is the following: Without the gyro the chassis must be so inert, that my reaction time is sufficient to catch the chassis on switchbacks and keep it mid drift without a lot of shaking.

Additional weight and a good weight balance are key. Weight in the center of the chassis doesn ´t seem to have much of an (positive) effect on the handling. For that reason I mounted the battery behind the rear axle and added 240gramm of weight mounted on the body posts.
On and inside the bumper and inside the front diff case about 500gram of additional weights are placed.

Integrating the weights nicely into the chassis will be the biggest challenge at some point, I believe. ^^

Apart from that the setup is pretty similar to that of my gyro supported MR4 chassis. Except for the springs, that had to be much harder, due to the extra weight.

Here are two photos of the current setup. .... and a short video of todays testsession.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=243392285854450

[Image: xcimg9035dxu7j.jpg]

[Image: xcimg9040byu04.jpg]
pretty good.

I found you needed that much eight also.
I stopped my No gyro RWD fettish about a year ago.

Concentrating on high CS 4.89 with only 15% front drive.

Just getting back into it again with my MR4 with gyro and then I'll go back to nothing.
But I have too many chassis now. getting one setup takes me a while anyway.

If you can, show us some comp style. straight... long braking entries... then power through.
(06-03-2014, 04:37 PM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote:  pretty good.

I found you needed that much eight also.
I stopped my No gyro RWD fettish about a year ago.

Concentrating on high CS 4.89 with only 15% front drive.

Just getting back into it again with my MR4 with gyro and then I'll go back to nothing.
But I have too many chassis now. getting one setup takes me a while anyway.

If you can, show us some comp style. straight... long braking entries... then power through.

4.89! How do you achieve 15% front drive? and I'm curious what chassis you use.
The minimum I can get on my sakura is 25% but there is no pulley setup that will fit passed that I think.
3Racing does make a 45T pulley which would give me 22% driven by my 10T pulley, but no way I can fit it in there :(
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
Davis, You don't need a another weight to even out the missing battery beside the electronics?
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FXX-D VIP|MST FXX-D S|MST XXX-D S HT
It ´s work in progress, I will place the ESC opposite the motor soon, but I am waiting for a new capacitor for the Novak BL combo. Until then I am running with a stoneage, sensorless system in this chassis. ^^

But to be honest it doesn ´t behave any different in left or right turns. That might be due to the 750gramm of extra weight, so that the empty side of the chassis doesn ´t have that much impact.

I am in the progress of fine tuning the chassis. Runs even smoother now. ... Update soon. :D
Why are u responding randomly to so many threads?
Sakura D4 RWD
... Because he tries to get enough posts to be allowed to sell something?  =L
What? Never heard of that. Is there a post requirement for the for sale section?
Sakura D4 RWD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gyroless RWD wandalkombat 9 1,912 02-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Woodsnail