Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MST 1.0 Gyro compatible with Spectrum AVC
I have a MST FXX chassis and I'm using the MST 1.0 LSD. My transmitter is a Spektrum DX2E paired with a Spektrum SR310 receiver. I want to upgrade to the Spektrum SRS4210 receiver with AVC. Just wondering if the MST gyro and AVC would interfere with each other and if I would have to choose one or the other. Also if anyone has experience with AVC I would like your input. Thanks
I believe you need an AVC equipped transmitter too if you want the AVC functionality. I have AVC equipment but I've always just used drift specific gyros with the AVC turned off because you wouldn't use both.
(05-04-2016, 02:42 PM)inittowinit Wrote:  I believe you need an AVC equipped transmitter too if you want the AVC functionality. I have AVC equipment but I've always just used drift specific gyros with the AVC turned off because you wouldn't use both.

My transmitter does have the AVC capabilities but good to know. Have you ever tried using both at the same time?
I have not used both together. I couldn't think of a scenario for drifting where you would want to or what the benefit would be... The throttle control aspects (i.e. traction control) of AVC could be interesting in a straight line but might hurt wheel spin when in a drift and I imagine the steering would just fight each other depending on sensitivity/features of AVC vs gyro. Though, I can't imagine it would hurt to try...
Fair enough, thanks for your help. I'll give it a try someday and let people know if it's at all worth it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LSD-01 compatible servo Footbrake4life 7 2,919 08-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Footbrake4life