Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MST FMX-D
Hey guys, bit the bullet yesterday and ordered an mst fmx-d lastnight, futaba 3003 servo and a speed passion reventon r/speed passion competition drfit 8.5T.  I have a spectrum radio system I'll throw in it, but need opinions on a good budget gyro and a quality body for a reasonable price,  I really like the look of pandora shells but am afraid they wont fit, preferably a 4 door skyline, or silvia s13/s14/s15.  I'd like to keep the gyro/body purchase under 75 as I have spent more than I'd like to admit already ha-ha, I've been bit by the bug and need something to scratch.
Thanks

-Keith
I think the fmx comes with a gyro already

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
(11-05-2016, 05:49 PM)PedroC Wrote:  I think the fmx comes with a gyro already

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That'd be really awesome, I purchased mine of hobbybest via amazon, got it discounted.  Didn't mention anything about a gyro included
If you want to drift rwd, there is no such as a "budget" gyro in my oppinion.

Either get the MST LSD 2.0 S/RS, 3.0 RS or the Yokomo YG-302 (Rebranded D-like gyro)

The 2.0 is a good gyro, i've had it for a year but the 3.0 is truly better with 3 modes of gyro responsive curves.

The YG-302 is a high precise gyro that comes in either a plastic or D-like branded plastic and alu version, it's a lovely gyro that gives the MST 3.0 a run for it's money, quite neck and neck between our local rwd drivers.

A cheap body would be a prepainted body from ebay, if you don't care about how it looks and just want any body on there..
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary
(11-04-2016, 03:57 PM)keala599 Wrote:  Hey guys, bit the bullet yesterday and ordered an mst fmx-d lastnight, futaba 3003 servo and a speed passion reventon r/speed passion competition drfit 8.5T.  I have a spectrum radio system I'll throw in it, but need opinions on a good budget gyro and a quality body for a reasonable price,  I really like the look of pandora shells but am afraid they wont fit, preferably a 4 door skyline, or silvia s13/s14/s15.  I'd like to keep the gyro/body purchase under 75 as I have spent more than I'd like to admit already ha-ha, I've been bit by the bug and need something to scratch.
Thanks

-Keith

The fmx doesn't come with a gyro.
With my build I've bought the MST lsd 3.0 gyro.
Also bought the pandora 180sx origin lab and fits well the body.
Really appreciate the  help guys, thanks heaps.  Just purchased a pandora r33 skyline shell, looking to paint gun metal with silver highlights with black rims. still deciding on the gyro, but I  pretty much have everything I  need so far.  Also thinking about upgrading my radio to a futaba t3pv, anyone know anything on that radio? havent seen any reviews for it.
Just got this chasis too, going to pair it with sanwa super vortex type D, SGS-01D Gyro, MKS x6 servo, Sabwa RX0482, and a 10.5 turn reedy motor. Looking forward to being able to adjust the gyro settings and what not from the M12S transmitter.
Coming along, don't really know what I'm doing..
[Image: 0XwZp2CuhrGXsC0LJ8Ca4ZtWDF6liU9WR8M4nsbq...0-h2160-no]