Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MST FXX-D VIP - DM
Chassis introduction:  Standard MST FXX-D VIP chassis, no special mods only standard bolt-on upgrades.

[Image: MST-FXX-D-VIP-DM-1.jpg]

RC Drift Chassis Information
Manufacturer:  Max Speed Technology
Model:  FXX-D VIP
Track Surface:  Concrete
Motor and ESC:  Novak Ballistic 13.5T with Hobbywing XERUN V3.0 ESC
Servo:  RC OMG D3 LP-BF07S

Chassis Settings
Front Setup
Camber (Degrees) (Positive is out, Negative is in):  -9
Toe (Degrees) (Specify Toe in or out):  3 out
Caster (Degrees):  13
King Pin Angle (Degrees):  12
Kick-up (mm):  0
Sway Bar (yes/no):  no
Ride Height (mm):  6mm
Springs (indicate type, length, hardness, etc):  MST 29mm Coil Springs (Silver)
Damper Oil (indicate weight or #):  MST 300#
Upper Damper Position (Lower # indicates inner most position):  4
Lower Damper Position (Lower # indicates inner most position):  3
Front Tires (Type):  MST FR-F (Silver)
Other (Weights, Mods, anything else that can effect performance):   MST AKM Knuckles, MST Front Alum. Suspension Arms (uppers and lowers), MST Sliding Steering Rack, Oxygen Front Damper Stay
[Image: MST-FXX-D-VIP-DM-2.jpg]
Steering Angles:
[Image: MST-FXX-D-VIP-DM-6.jpg]
[Image: MST-FXX-D-VIP-DM-5.jpg]

Rear Setup
Camber (Degrees) (Positive is out, Negative is in):  -3
Toe (Degrees) (Specify Toe in or out):  2 in
Caster (Degrees):  0
Kick-up (mm):  0
Sway Bar (yes/no):  no
Ride Height (mm):  10mm
Springs (indicate type, length, hardness, etc):  MST 32mm Soft Springs (Green/Orange)
Damper Oil (indicate weight or #):  MST 300#
Upper Damper Position (Lower # indicates inner most position):  4
Lower Damper Position (Lower # indicates inner most position):  4
Rear Tires (Type):  MST CS-R (Silver)
Other (Weights, Mods, anything else that can effect performance):  Oxygen rear damper stay, MST Alum. gear case, MST Rear Alum. lower suspension arm, 30g weight bar

[Image: MST-FXX-D-VIP-DM-4.jpg]
[Image: MST-FXX-D-VIP-DM-3.jpg]
Drivetrain
Final Drive Ratio:  4.64

Gearing
Pinion (teeth and pitch):  23T

Gyro
Type:  MST LSD 2.0 RS
[Image: dmsig02.jpg]
I was looking on rcmart yesterday and they have these on special along with the rmx. They're $100 off plus a $100 store voucher, got me thinking about one of them. Wouldn't know what chassis to get though?
(01-02-2016, 04:22 AM)glenyboy Wrote:  I was looking on rcmart yesterday and they have these on special along with the rmx. They're $100 off plus a $100 store voucher, got me thinking about one of them. Wouldn't know what chassis to get though?

That sounds like a pretty good deal.  Between the FXX and the RMX, the latest trend seems to be towards mid-rear or rear motor so the RMX would satisfy that.  I find the FXX takes more tuning and fidgeting before its fun to drive.  Thats my two cents =)
Thanks, have you tried the rrx? Soul rc quote them to be a fast car around the track, as quick as an awd car
(01-02-2016, 11:20 AM)glenyboy Wrote:  Thanks, have you tried the rrx? Soul rc quote them to be a fast car around the track, as quick as an awd car

No problem.  Yup drove one last night actually, and yes they are quicker.  Comparatively speaking the FXX didnt keep up very well, however the RMX did a pretty good job.  Pretty sure with a bit of fine tuning the RMX could equal or pretty close to the speed.

I did find the RRX had understeered characteristics but thats not always a bad thing for RWD.