Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My backyard
Carpet in general is good. It can be insanely fast and depending on the tyre and type or carpet it can be quite challenging :)
[Image: 9123805157_8fe7c0d400_n.jpg]
HPI Sprint 2 Drift / mid motor drift weapon
MST FS-01D / new work in progress
Always up for a challenge. :)
I will have to try it sometime!
how wide is that carpet from home depot? is that a cut of 2 sections only?
im willing to spend $200 to have my own track and split expenses with my friends instead of drifting on the street gravel.
(10-06-2013, 03:58 PM)Jerome5597 Wrote:  how wide is that carpet from home depot? is that a cut of 2 sections only?
im willing to spend $200 to have my own track and split expenses with my friends instead of drifting on the street gravel.
I forgott the dimensions.. its cut into 3 pieces tho. Just check out a home depot. The carpet is an indoor outdoor type. It was like the cheapest, probably only gray carpet I saw at the home depot I went to.
Is this the carpet material your talking about?
[Image: 10453349055_866d532f1a_b.jpg]
Its indoor, outdoor carpet. Will this hold and not melt from the tires spinning so fast? How is yours holding up?
I might get this to cover my driveway, gonna make a 20' x 20' track... it would be about $140 after taxes...
Something to keep in mind is to only use tires that still have a smooth tread. Jaggedy as* bash tires will tear up the surface.

Nate, when I get back i think I'll be giving you guys a visit!
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

(10-24-2013, 12:39 AM)Jerome5597 Wrote:  Is this the carpet material your talking about?
[Image: 10453349055_866d532f1a_b.jpg]
Its indoor, outdoor carpet. Will this hold and not melt from the tires spinning so fast? How is yours holding up?
I might get this to cover my driveway, gonna make a 20' x 20' track... it would be about $140 after taxes...
Yep thats the exact carpet. Mine is still great no problems and I leave it out during the weekdays all night and day. I dont think they melt tires but when its hot I dont run it since I dont like sitting in the heat or running my car in it. The only problem is that a lot of carpet hairs will get into your car lol
Dopeness! Thanks Frias65!! Now to start up a charity fund to have the homies help me out in purchasing this carpet for the driveway! hehe
No prob. Glad to help. Make sure u clean ur car from time to time.. my one way got clogged from all the hairs and made it stiff. Just cleaned it today and its fine
Nate you got a air compressor?
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.